Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: disappointed with nmp about some issues , let me explain

Re: disappointed with nmp about some issues , let me explain

So I'm claustrophobic. Big time. I have a problem going in automatic car washes, basements, elevators, trains, airplanes, sometimes even cars... My fears are irrational. The chances of me dying a horrible crushing death from the fluffer in the automatic car wash are very, very, very slim. Should I be told that my fears are okay? Should I be told that it's alright to think I'm going to die when I take the elevator?

That's basically what you're asking people to do to you with your ideas of covid. You're wanting us to say, "It's okay you don't believe in covid" I'm sorry, but that's irresponsible. Just like allowing me to delude myself into thinking the car wash is going to crush and drown me. It's not. I have to try to accept that and work on my issues.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    So I'm claustrophobic. Big time. I have a problem going in automatic car washes, basements, elevators, trains, airplanes, sometimes even cars... My fears are irrational. The chances of me dying a horrible crushing death from the fluffer in the automatic car wash are very, very, very slim. Should I be told that my fears are okay? Should I be told that it's alright to think I'm going to die when I take the elevator?

That's basically what you're asking people to do to you with your ideas of covid. You're wanting us to say, "It's okay you don't believe in covid" I'm sorry, but that's irresponsible. Just like allowing me to delude myself into thinking the car wash is going to crush and drown me. It's not. I have to try to accept that and work on my issues.

this ^

i'm scared of burning to death in a fire, is it okay for me to not take precautions when doing anything with heat? thats another example about taking precautions.
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

Quote Originally Posted by feelthelove View Post
    My opinion is right because I believe what I believe, i said I respect others belief but you have just been very rude to me by saying my opinion is wrong lol.

As for your theory of people who believe in conspiracy theories suffering anxiety that again is rude. How dare you say this to someone on an anxiety forum . Would you like it if I told you that the people who believe in covid are brainwashed daily by the media who keep telling them they're going to die and how about the fact you probably wear a mask out of fear of getting a virus that I don't believe in .
    You see the reason why it is NMP at fault by letting people like you accuse other members of being wrong and having anxiety from their beliefs .
    Would you listen to my theories as to why I believe covid is a lie ?
    That doesn’t mean your opinion is right, it just means it’s your opinion.

I dare suggest someone on an anxiety forum has anxiety because it’s an anxiety forum. And ignoring the brainwashed comment, I wear a mask to protect others, not myself. That’s the point of masks.

It’s not NMP’s fault that you seem an awful lot like a troll. I believe you could have worded your post very differently and got lots of help and support. We’re all finding lockdown tough, our anxiety is heightened and we’re on edge and nervous. However I think you’d probably argue with any advice you were given too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are entitled to our own opinions.

We are not entitled to our own facts.
    Facts are facts, deaths are deaths - doctors, nurses and scientists are to be trusted. I can't get my head around how anyone could think the whole world is in on this 'conspiracy' ?

Oh Pamplemousse, I've just quoted you and you've deleted ?
    Last edited by Carys; 08-03-21 at 23:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Facts are facts, deaths are deaths - doctors, nurses and scientists are to be trusted. I can't get my head around how anyone could think the whole world is in on this 'conspiracy' ?

Oh Pamplemousse, I've just quoted you and you've deleted ?
    Ah, don't worry about it....

Quote Originally Posted by feelthelove View Post
    I'm going to be brave and tell you that I do not believe in covid-19.
    WOW! Just WOW! Tell that to my uncle! I truly have no words. Admin. Please delete this thread! It's an insult to anyone that has half a brain!

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I lost my uncle as well FMP.

I want to see how this pans out as we are all allowed an opinion so the thread will stay for now. I really want to understand why people don't believe in Covid.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

The OP is not alone in their assertion that Covid doesn't exist - I've met similar IRL but ask them why they believe it doesn't exist and some become extremely defensive - usually along the lines of "it's my belief and I don't have to explain it to you."

I think for some it's a coping mechanism - denying its existence means it can't harm them.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but for goodness sake you are deluded, so how have these thousands and thousands of people died 🤔 trust me its real l see it everyday, now stop being ridiculous and get your head out your arse its real Oh that's just my opinion 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    The OP is not alone in their assertion that Covid doesn't exist - I've met similar IRL but ask them why they believe it doesn't exist and some become extremely defensive - usually along the lines of "it's my belief and I don't have to explain it to you."

I think for some it's a coping mechanism - denying its existence means it can't harm them.

Well said, PM. I'd really like to hear why you believe what you do, FTL. Do you think it's a coping mechanism when you can't be certain of anything any more? Is being defensive a way for you to keep mentally afloat? Is it working?

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information