Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: disappointed with nmp about some issues , let me explain

Re: disappointed with nmp about some issues , let me explain

Quote Originally Posted by feelthelove View Post
    I'm going to be brave and tell you that I do not believe in covid-19.I don't believe it because I am what you call a conspiracy theorist , but i don't care it is my belief .

I'm disappointed with nmp because I need support with my anxiety which is sky high because of the lockdowns, the everyday in my face covid related fear being instilled in me if I let it .I feel that covid believers on here want me to explain and I don't want to , I don't have to and I don't and won't change my mind .

I know most on here are believers in covid and the vaccines and whatever else goes with it all , but I have a right to my opinion I have a right to not believe it and I do not have to explain why I don't believe it all .

I have been looking in on the forum quite a lot , just to see if there are any others on here who do not believe in covid.
    I'd really love to know there are people who feel the same , but are struggling with their anxiety not out of fear of covid , but the impact it is all having on them .

I don't want questioning about my belief thank you , I would like to find support from others who feel the same as I do and just knowing others believe the same thing would be a good start to my selfish self feeling better .

Please don't reply to this thread if you intend to question me or brow beat me about why I don't believe in covid , because I don't have to explain , I am a free thinking human being and as I respect those who believe in covid I would like the same respect back thanks . Peace and love to you all whatever you believe .
    Peace and love....but also anger and denial. You're obviously not going to explain anything but why blame a internet forum? Surely you can find another online site where you will have support and understanding? As you say there are loads of people who feel the way you do.

Why not take a step back from the subject and concentrate on the problems that are affecting us? Scass mentioned this.

We don't have to even get into whether it's real or not to look at how someone is affected and suggest some solutions. For instance, lockdown is an environmental factor so why not talk about ways to deal with how it makes you feel? Forget Covid, you could be locked down by other factors yet the impacts to your mental health are the same.

Otherwise this thread is just going to be an argument. Why not have that on Misc and make this thread about ways to handle the distress being felt? It does mean taking a different approach to some things since challenging beliefs will be a bit sensitive here as both sides have already shown.

This isn't unique. Therapists will have to work with people who refuse to believe other thing's but that doesn't mean they can't help. It does mean they have to leave their feelings at the door.

Another aspect discussed elsewhere is the so-called "retreat from reason" - where personal feelings and emotions override logic and facts.

However, I think the OP has made it abundantly clear that they are unwilling to engage in any discussion of the matter - they have stated their opinion and the subject is not up for discussion; other than for the forum admins to say "we agree, we have let you down".

Is this forum solely about reassurance? In a way, yes it is and I would suggest that in that respect, it has let the OP down. But it also has an evidence-based, factual and practical element to it and it is probably this that challenges the OP.

Well, here's my message to the OP: please explain to me why you believe Covid is not real. I'm ready and waiting to listen to you and to others on here - no pile-ons, eh?
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 09-03-21 at 10:58.

For information to the Ops post....
    There are many members on this Site that have similar views to feelthelove but won't post because they are either afraid to for fear of being attacked personally or outed as a believer in something different to the mainstream.
    I won't divulge their names to protect their mental health.
    Words can be powerful and need to be chosen carefully. Just one word in a sentence can be received so differently to what you are trying to say.
    For instance, if you say I don't believe in Covid, people will retaliate and say that it is not true and there have been deaths to prove it.
    The fact is we get viruses every year as we do the flu.
    The named virus - Covid 19 is to be perceived as a deadly contagious disease resulting in people having to wear face masks, distancing themselves from others and being lockdown for months on end. If you remember in the beginning of this pandemic, even touching items was forbidden. So this is where the divide comes. We know there have been deaths, the facts are there. But the question lies with some people that there have been no flu victims this year. The question lies why no flu, but people catching Covid. Flu is just as contagious. Also it has been noticed that a number of people have died from other causes but the death certificate will read from Covid. 'From' and 'With' are two completely different explanations.
    Now we know that pneumonia can be deathly if you are very old or sick which can originate from having the flu or your body just giving up due to old age or sickness like I said.
    But we haven't heard much about that since Nov 19.
    In my family for instance, both my mum and dad's final cause of death was pneumonia as was both my nans and several other people I know. It was not the original cause of death, pneumonia sets in when the body becomes unfit for the organs to work as they should do.
    Back to Covid 19. Do we really know what it is?
    To my knowledge it is something we have not had before and the symptoms are very similar to pneumonia.
    I personally have had flu and it can take months to recover. You feel weak, your breathing is laboured, you think you have recovered to find you feel weak again.
    Now before anyone jumps on me personally, I am trying to explain the minds of others that will not speak up and explain what I have taken the time to do.
    And its not just that.
    The world is changing, even changed.
    You might hear folk talk about 'The New World Order '.
    We know cash is now forbidden in most places.
    We know businesses are closing '. We know that tax, interest rates etc will rise.
    We know tracking and cameras are everywhere.
    We know personal information is being collected from all sources.
    We also know the vaccines were rushed without the normal protocol testing.
    These are just some of the points that people will talk about and question.
    So the crux of what some would class as non believers is the 'Covid 19' was created to feed the fear for this New World Order. And I'm sure many of you already know that.
    But. The people that voice these opinions have been outed, excluded and even fined for such an opinion. So now 'freedom of speech' has been removed from society as well. Never before has stuff been taken down from posts, websites, YouTube, twitter, forums. Even from long-standing doctors and scientists who have an impeccable record. They are all removed leaving some people to question why?
    And when people start to lose their jobs, possibly their homes and struggle to make ends meet. They will question the nature of the whole affair. And this is where you have a divide.
    As a whole I personally think everyone has been very law-abiding because as people we care about our fellow human beings and go along with rules and regulations to keep the peace or help to get life back to a normality.. But it doesn't mean that everyone agrees with everything.
    Whether it is being opposed to lockdown or wearing a face mask, to not seeing their elderly relations who live for a visit from their son or daughter or grandchildren.
    Not forgetting the people that have had their cancer treatment cancelled and people too scared to enter a hospital for checkups and operations. People doing their own dentistry. Mental health rising with agoraphobia setting in. Depression on the rise with sometimes fatal results.
    Yes, sometimes it is more horrific to have reasons explained and it's much easier to say we have a pandemic than look at the bigger picture or dissect the situation.
    And if you are still reading, then thank you for taking the time and interest.
    Once again, my post is just a small account of the minds that are too afraid to speak.

Lastly, I personally don't think this forum is at any fault for not hearing someone's views. We are lucky to have NMP.
    It is free and has free speech. Unless of course it is damaging to others well being and safety. And Nicola & Co do a grand job of running the Site that most of us appreciate with much thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    The world is changing, even changed - This has always been the case.
    You might hear folk talk about 'The New World Order ' - People have been talking about this for decades.
    We know cash is now forbidden in most places - Where? I have not come across a single place that is refusing cash.
    We know businesses are closing '. We know that tax, interest rates etc will rise - Businesses have been closing for years, because online shopping is just easier.
    We know tracking and cameras are everywhere - What does this have to do with Covid? This is old news.
    We know personal information is being collected from all sources - Irrelevant to Covid (again), has been happening for years.
    We also know the vaccines were rushed without the normal protocol testing - Completely and utterly not true.

This is the kind of exaggerated/unrelated drivel/hyperbole that people with no common sense talk about constantly.

Just because somebody is taking advantage of a situation, it does not mean the situation is not happening.

Again, the existence of Covid is not 'opinion'. Just like the existence of the moon is not 'opinion'. It is right there in front of you. Just because you choose to read sinister meaning into something that history has recorded as a regular occurrence (actual photo's of previous global pandemics), does not mean those sinister meanings are true, relevant or real.

Ankietyjoe, my post is not an excuse for a direct attack towards me. Some members including the Site owner Nicola wanted to know more and I have been kind enough to provide what some members on here are afraid to say.
    So it's not an opportunity to use the word 'you' in a reply to me when I am speaking on behalf of other members. Please use the word 'they', 'members' are 'people' in future posting on this thread. Unless I have quoted a personal opinion.
    Please also remember that this is a mental health forum and replying in a productive way would help other members to read without feeling offended or attacked personally in anyway. Even if some people think humans never landed on the moon, it's their freedom to have that opinion and not to be name called or labelled as an outcast.
    For all you know, someone you've been helping on here with anxiety may be the same person you have just slated.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Carnation; 09-03-21 at 13:13.

Carnatian is right that some businesses are closing due to the effects of the lockdowns etc.

there's small shops in the town just down the road for me that were going strong until the covid crisis.

they won't reopen when this is over cause they have run out of money :(
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

You're right, Whisper. This is why it's so important to try and buy from small/local businesses during lockdown; you might pay a bit more but it's a way of ensuring they'll still be there next time you need them.

I'm doing the same BlueIris.
    I would be lost without my corner shop.
    My online shopping delivery this week couldn't deliver milk. And no cat food. Can you imagine whisper? Try telling that to your cat. Although he will only eat Felix, no fish and has to be in jelly. And I thought Mr C was finicky.

I heard on the radio today about the shortage of cat and dog food pouches..That's a real worry for you. I do hope supplies are back to normal asap. Our animals shouldn't have to suffer as well..

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information