Thread: red dots on arm

red dots on arm

Can taking fluoxetine cause small red dots on arm? I get one or two randomly every once in a while. Now I am afraid to take medicine.

Re: red dots on arm

Probably totally unrelated to be honest

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: red dots on arm

Quote Originally Posted by watercolors View Post
    Can taking fluoxetine cause small red dots on arm? I get one or two randomly every once in a while. Now I am afraid to take medicine.
    Tiny red dots called 'petechiae' - image - are relatively common and are caused by minor bleeding in the very fine capillary blood vessels just under the skin surface. They can be caused by a number of things including physical injury, coughing, lack of vitamins C or K and taking anticoagulants, including aspirin and other NSAID pain killers. SSRIs are also mild anticoagulants so may slightly increase the risk. Kids and the elderly seem to get them more often. I currently have 2 on one arm and a third on the other.

Point them out to your GP at the next consultation, but they are not usually of concern unless you suddenly see a lot of them accompanied by fever.

Thread Information