Thread: Work anxiety

Work anxiety

im 21 and this is only my 2nd job I was supposed to start this new job in november last year but then the UK was put into another lockdown, so i eventually started in january as part time, (the job was advertised as full time but due to covid and them not being able to furlough me, i now work 3 days a week) myself and another girl (also new to the job) were sent to a remote office away from the branch where we did some training as we are both brand new to the industry.
    now i really enjoyed it when we were at the remote office. we were told we would be going in the office after 5 weeks of training, it ended up being after 3 weeks and when i say 3 weeks i mean 10 days and when i got into the office i felt like i knew nothing. Me and the other new girl work on different days.
    The first day i was in there another girl complained at me because i didn't get ask for a Clients name or number on the phone (my previous job was in care so i had no idea about office work) so i made sure i wouldn't do it again.
    Then a few days later she complained at me because i didnt get full information on a client and she said that i wasted her time- i understand but i am brand new and have never worked in the industry.
    But now everyday that i go into the office im absolutely terrified that i've done something wrong the previous time I’ve gone in and i can't think of anything but work when i'm not at work, Like i'm panicking right now that something i did last week is going to be brought up and im going to be in trouble, even though im not even sure ive done anything wrong.
    I don't want to quit the job because when i am there i enjoy it and its a better career than my previous job but i also feel like i cant go on feeling like this and panicking about it when im not even there.
    does anyone else feel like this? am i losing my mind? should i just give up and go back to my old job?
    i dont know how to switch off and stop worrying?
    im sorry its so long, but thank you for reading, its 5 am here and ive been worrying since 3 when i woke up panicking.

I have spoken to a dr and they are referring me to counselling for depression, but I just need some advice with this anxiety.

Re: Work anxiety

As a Manager myself I can say that you have done absolutely nothing wrong. You're new and with anything it takes time to settle in. You need to communicate to your supervisor or Manager and tell them of the above instances and they will stamp that out or should pretty quick. The person in question has something else cooking for sure and is struggling with her own stresses, but that's not for you to worry about. Sometimes the only way we learn is from our mistakes, if this girl is not your direct manager I would be letting her know that if she has a problem with something you have done she can go down the appropriate path. That will stop her trying to be a bully. Good luck! Take it day by day

Quote Originally Posted by goodman View Post
    As a Manager myself I can say that you have done absolutely nothing wrong. You're new and with anything it takes time to settle in. You need to communicate to your supervisor or Manager and tell them of the above instances and they will stamp that out or should pretty quick. The person in question has something else cooking for sure and is struggling with her own stresses, but that's not for you to worry about. Sometimes the only way we learn is from our mistakes, if this girl is not your direct manager I would be letting her know that if she has a problem with something you have done she can go down the appropriate path. That will stop her trying to be a bully. Good luck! Take it day by day
    Sounds like she is a typical power-mad person.

For some reason, whenever times are hard, there are always a few people who seem to have a habit of justifying their serial power-madness!!

Always have done, and probably always will do.

Oh I’m
    So sorry you are feeling like this. It’s not your fault, you are new! New people make mistakes. I’ve been in my current job for 3 years and I made a belter of a mistake this week. It does happen, we are all human. That nasty person should be offering help or more training, not condemning you. Is there someone you can ask for training? Do you have a monthly review?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information