Quote Originally Posted by gronk View Post
Thanks for that info bro

I ain't gonna waste any coin on GABA supplements now.
You're welcome; and hopefully things will improve for you.
Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
A small number of people may develop a chronic neuroadaption with long term BZD use which limits binding site rebound producing longer term withdrawal symptoms, but they are rare. In most cases the problem is people are back to where they started with the same issues and same binding site deficits so weaning off BZDs should wait until an alternative anxiety treatments, med, or therapy, is working well. The right frame of mind is also important. Become convinced that stopping BZDs will be a nightmare and an anxious mind is quite capable of delivering our worst nightmare to us.
Thank you, that is very reassuring to know. I read those articles today and I think I have a better understanding now. Yes, there is a lot of misinformation out there and they say it takes years (if ever) to recover. I know I'm nowhere near ready to stop Clonazepam, but I"m down to a lower dosage than I used to be and I did it on my own when I realized I could 'get by' with less (from 1.5 MG daily down to .75). I just wish there was a natural way to increase GABA - I know that isn't helpful as consuming it orally doesn't get to the brain anyway ... which I why I was thinking Theanine would helpful, but unfortunately it doesn't .. besides I already drink enough green tea because I enjoy it

I think you're right though, that worry alone re discontinuation of a benoz scares the bejesus out of me. Again, thank you.