Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think I have viral myocarditis

Re: I think I have viral myocarditis

No point in asking use then. We're less qualified than Doctors.

Quick update - back on the 16th of June I went to my local after hours doctors with a recurrence of the same infection I spoke about in this thread months ago. The same infection has been resolving and coming back intermittently since my first post here. While at the doctors, my shoulder started hurting and I broke out in a sweat. I told the nurse at reception and they drew some blood. My levels of troponin came back elevated and I was rushed into the public hospital by ambulance with suspected heart attack. I spent two nights in the cardiology ward where viral myocarditis was confirmed.

I am so angry that I was ignored when I raised the alarm about this with doctors months ago. Thankfully my medical records state the fact that I expressed to the doctors I felt they weren't taking my suspicion of myocarditis seriously. My medical records state that I refused to leave the waiting room on that night 3 months ago because I didn't feel reassured by their lack of investigations. It's these records I'll be using to take a negligence case against these lousy "professionals". Thankfully I mentioned myocarditis by name back then, and it's been recorded.

Let this be yet another lesson to those who keep lecturing people about how doctors know what they're doing and to trust them. Get off your high horse. Doctors are wrong often, and it costs lives. Not everyone who points this out is an anxious hypochondriac.
    Last edited by yeahsoundsaboutright; 19-06-21 at 16:04. Reason: Typos

I am glad that you were finally taken seriously and are now getting treatment.

I am extremely cautious in this area of the forum when responding to people. I was even chastised not long ago just for being honest 🤷🏻*♀️ when so many pass around inaccurate information just to reassure another. You know your body and while anxiety is real for a lot of us it’s not the answer for everything that ails us, just because one has anxiety doesn’t mean they can’t also have a real medical problem. I have been in many situations where I was brushed off by doctors only to later find out that I did in fact have a problem sometimes a pretty serious one, being pushed off by doctors telling me I was just having panic attacks when in reality I was having arrhythmia’s they just hadn’t caught yet is what led to my anxiety!!!
    If you ever feel like something isn’t right keep pushing your doctors for answers. I personally can tell the difference between real symptoms and those created by my anxiety so I won’t allow anyone to discredit me.
    Some advice, you should try posting your concerns on an actual heart forum. Health unlocked has a good one called British Heart Foundation, you will get some good response over there from people who have been in your shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Careful1 View Post
    when so many pass around inaccurate information just to reassure another. You know your body and while anxiety is real for a lot of us it’s not the answer for everything that ails us, just because one has anxiety doesn’t mean they can’t also have a real medical problem.
    That's unfortunately all too common. I try my best to correct ill advice whenever possible. Not only for the person who gave the wrong advice, but also the person they were advising.

So far I've not experienced a dismissive medical professional who discounted a claim that turned out to be serious (or semi serious). I had AFib once in 2016, and the paramedics told me they strongly recommend transport to the hospital. I've been in the ER two or three times convinced I was having a heart attack and each time they took appropriate (as far as I know) labs such as troponin, EKGs, etc to confirm I was wrong.

But this sort of problem does indeed exist, as we can see here. Sometimes a doctor isn't really at fault, but sometimes I imagine they really are.

Quote Originally Posted by bin tenn View Post
    That's unfortunately all too common. I try my best to correct ill advice whenever possible. Not only for the person who gave the wrong advice, but also the person they were advising.

So far I've not experienced a dismissive medical professional who discounted a claim that turned out to be serious (or semi serious). I had AFib once in 2016, and the paramedics told me they strongly recommend transport to the hospital. I've been in the ER two or three times convinced I was having a heart attack and each time they took appropriate (as far as I know) labs such as troponin, EKGs, etc to confirm I was wrong.

But this sort of problem does indeed exist, as we can see here. Sometimes a doctor isn't really at fault, but sometimes I imagine they really are.
    It’s good that you haven’t came across dismissive doctors. I have in the past almost even died once cause of it but now that all my medical history is well documented I don’t really have an issue with that anymore, if anything they are more aggressive like trying to admit me to hospital aggressive and me saying no I don’t need that.
    Anyways, wasn’t saying all or most doctors are dismissive cause the majority aren’t but there definitely are some not so good doctors out there.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this and I hope things resolve soon. I do have a question though. Is it possible this developed into viral myocarditis after the initial symptoms and your fear started? You did have tests that ruled it out as per your post and apparently have had this chronic viral infection for several months. Also, you stated twice you went to a therapist and HA was ruled out but you're posting on an anxiety forum... just an observation.

Yes, there are some bad eggs in every profession and I'm sorry this happened to you but don't allow your experience to sway others in a negative way as at least for me (and my wife), having suffered several serious physical illnesses, they were the ones that saved our lives. And when I had doubts, as I did with my wife's illness, I sought a 2nd (and more experienced) opinion and it wasn't Dr. Google.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information