Thread: Heart Worries

Heart Worries

Hi so I’ve been having a panic attack for the past hour and a half over this lol. Basically i’m 23, and recently got referred to a cardiologist for episodes of pre-syncope (which is just nearly fainting). The dr ran an ekg, but said it was fine except for a short PR interval. The cardiologist wasn’t concerned with the PR interval but ran another EKG just in case, and scheduled me for an echocardiogram. I got a phone call from the office today, though, saying the dr saw my EKG and decided to reschedule my test as a Stress Echocardiogram test.
    Looking up reasons why people get this test done has really freaked me out (Coronary artery disease, heart failure, valve issues!) And I can’t stop panicking over it all. The dr didn’t even tell me what was wrong with my EKG.
    What do I do??? Thanks for any advice and help.

Re: Heart Worries

Well you're very young so I'd say you're 99% in the clear. They're just being thorough. Just to let you know every one of the things you listed are very common and very treatable. It's amazing what can be done with the heart. But I'll bet you are good.

N.

The first time I had an EKG I was almost late. I had to cycle a good 5 miles to the hospital so I did so as quick as possible on my BMX. I got there and my heart rate was sky high. I panicked over it, but remained sat in the waiting room. When I had the EKG my heartrate was so fast they wanted to keep me in. I had to explain I've just cycled 5 miles very quickly to get here. They wanted to do another test, but I freaked out and left.

Eventually months later went for an echo and it was all good. I did get asked to do a stress test but I told them nope, I wasn't doing it. 20 years later still here, fit as a fiddle.

They like to tick all the boxes to make sure it's not the worst. It's normal procedure.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you everyone for the replies, I’m hoping all is well.

Thread Information