Thread: propranolol/dry mouth symptoms/ trouble swallowing

propranolol/dry mouth symptoms/ trouble swallowing

Hello,

I have been on Propranolol for now a week! anyone else have the most raging dry mouth ? it hasn't helped my anxiety at all and I'm now having difficulty swallowing leading me to panic when I eat!! its now become a 'thing' anyone else experienced similar or had an issue with their anxiety and fixating on swallowing 24/7?

many thanks

Re: propranolol/dry mouth symptoms/ trouble swallowing

I get a dry mouth mainly at night.

The doctor gave me some artificial saliva tablets to suck on when it happens so maybe you could look into that.

Other than that I drink a lot of water overnight.

I haven't found a "cure" for it yet.

Mine is not related to the medication you are taking though but thought I would answer anyway.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you, I appreciate your response. I hadn't heard of the saliva tablets I shall ask my GP

Yeah they are just known as "artificial saliva tablets" if you ask the doctor about them. They do seem to help a bit but I guess you can't suck them all day and night lol

What makes mine worse overnight is I sleep with my mouth open so it dries my mouth out a lot.

It can be horrid as I wake up almost gagging cos I can't swallow and the other night my lips stuck together (not completely, just in the corner) and that hurt pulling them apart!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I forgot to say that I also went to the dentist who checked my saliva glands weren't blocked in any way which they weren't.

Thread Information