Thread: Have annual skin cancer screening in two weeks. Nervous!

Have annual skin cancer screening in two weeks. Nervous!

Hello everyone,

So I just made an appointment for my annual skin cancer screening at my dermatologist. It's been a couple years since I have been. The last time I was there they removed a mole that turned out to be benign.

I am nervous they will find something but I hardly ever sunbathe. I find sunbathing boring and I don't like the beach. I never spend time with my shirt off. When I go running or play golf, I will put sunscreen on my face, neck, arms and legs. My family never really has had a skin cancer issue. My grandfather had it on his face but that is because he worked outside alot.

In spite of all this, I am worried about melanoma or some other cancer. I was supposed to go back to the dermo to get the spot they removed checked out as apart of a follow up but I never went in (insurance reasons). I figured if the spot had changed for the worse, I would have know by now.

Hopefully all will go well but I am still a bit nervous..

Re: Have annual skin cancer screening in two weeks. Nervous!

I hope everything goes well with your appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Scissel73 View Post
    I hope everything goes well with your appointment.
    I hope so too.

I guess what gets me the most nervous is that it has been a couple years since I have had a skin cancer screening. I do not spend a ton of time outside so I don’t think have SC but it always is a worry in the back of my mind.

Good luck, hope it all goes well. I'm sure it will all be fine, especially if you don't have any mole changes, but it's really positive you're getting a screening so you can get an experts opinion. I have also had moles removed and they turned out to be nothing, I think most are but it's always best to check.

I hope so. I think I will be okay but this anxiety always lingers in the back of my mind.

Tomorrow I have my screening so I hope all will go well! I suspect it will but I am mentally preparing myself in case they have to remove a spot

Wish me luck!!

Just got back from the Dermo and all of my moles looked normal except one on my back. The PA that did my exam cut a part of the mole off my back and will have it sent to a lab to be analyzed. He didn't seem too concerned by it. He cut it off because it looked a little dark and red. He suspects it is mild to moderate atypical.

I will get my results back in a week. Until then I have to play the waiting game til I get the results back. Am somewhat nervous about the results I may get!

Hope I find out this week about my biopsy results. Even though the Dermo that removed it reassured me it’s more than likely benign, I am worrying quite a bit.
    There is no bleeding or itching with the mole. Just a little dark and somewhat red. Ughh I hate this!

Thread Information