Thread: I'm a 25 year old Male and I think I have Pancreatic Cancer

I'm a 25 year old Male and I think I have Pancreatic Cancer

Back in October 2020 I started getting upper left Abdominal Pain (above the Belly Button) and Back Pain along with it. I also had Pale Yellow Stools and Dark Yellow Urine regardless of how hydrated I was.

I went to the Hospital I think the night after (can't remember) and told them I think I have Pancreatic Cancer. Unfortunately my Step-Grandfather was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer in July 2020 and passed away in December 2020 just before Christmas.

Now, I know he wasn't related to me so no increased risk but it's just the fact I'm mirroring his symptoms that scares me. Anyway, I told them I had all the symptoms he had except Jaundice and that I thought I also had it. They told me it's incredible rare in somebody who's only 24. (I was 24 at the time)

I told them it does still happen and I don't want to be one of those unfortunate people my age that get it because young people mostly get diagnosed a lot later as no one thinks Cancer they think other things like Gallstones or Stomach Ulcers etc. which leads to a late diagnosis and poor prognosis. (Time is key with Pancreatic Cancer more so than most Cancers)

They did a few Tests on me including Blood and Urine Tests and I found out my Amylase were raised at 170, everything else was fine like my Liver Function etc. (My Lipase weren't checked however and they still haven't been checked because they told me they don't check for that)

In December 2020 I had my Amylase checked again and they went up to 175, I then had them checked again in January 2021 and they went up to 193. Last week (Sunday 7th March 2021) I went to the Hospital about my Abdominal Pain and they checked them again and they went back down to 170 something (can't remember exactly) so I don't exactly know what's going on with that.

In all those Tests everything else was fine (Liver Function etc.) Which is good because the Liver is normally destination number one with Pancreatic Cancer. (Unless you can have Liver Cancer and normal Liver Function, then it's not all good I suppose)

Back in January 2021 I also had an Abdominal Ultrasound and I was told everything was fine and nothing looked out of the ordinarily. However, when I did my research I found out Pancreatic Cancer doesn't always show up in an Abdominal Ultrasound because of the Pancreas's location behind the Stomach and with all the Gas in the Stomach.

When my Doctor got the results he said there was a clear image of the Pancreas because I'm so thin (My Rib Cage sticks out) but does that include the Pancreatic Ducts? Were they seen if there was a clear image? Because that's where Amylase come from.

My Doctor then got in contact with a Gastroenterologist because I was still in pain. They got back to my Doctor and have arranged an Endoscopy because they seem to think it may be Stomach Ulcers.

I was told I would have to wait 2 Weeks but I still haven't gotten the Appointment Letter (been 5-6 weeks now I think) so I've booked in a Contrast Enhanced CT Scan for Tuesday 30th March 2021 which I've had to pay for as they seem to be taking their time. I'm still going to have the Endoscopy though just to double check, maybe I'll end up having that first, who knows at this point.

Maybe It's because my Abdominal Ultrasound was clear as to why they're taking their time, but like I've said the Pancreas doesn't always show up because of it's location and Gas in the Stomach. Surely they know that? And I'm pretty sure Stomach Ulcers can't last that long, I know Mouth Ulcers don't so what's the difference? other than the location of course.

My Symptoms at this very moment are.

Upper left Abdominal Pain.
    The Pain feels like a Sharp Stabby Achy Burning pain when it's bad and sometimes just an Annoying Dull Ache when it's not. The pain will last a few seconds then go away, but return seconds, minutes, hours or sometimes days later if I'm lucky, eating sometimes starts it off again. The pain feels internal like something's inside me that's not supposed to be there. Sometimes the pain radiates to the left side around where the Spleen would be or just before that so the Tail of the Pancreas.

Around that area too where the pain is (upper left) are Bubbly Gurgling Sounds every time I push my Stomach out or breathe in (Well, same motion) and that happens all the time I do it. I can also feel Vibrations from where the Gurgling is coming from.

I'm getting a similiar pain in my upper right abdomen too that's only been there for a few days, I'm starting to think it's now spread to my Liver causing the pain. I'm also getting a sharp pain in my left side around my rips just under my armpit, and I keep thinking it's spread to my left Lung causing the pain.

Lower Back Pain.
    The pain goes away when I lean forward.

Floating Stools.
    It seems my Stools fluctuate between colours now but will float for a while before sinking, sometimes they don't sink. Do Stools with Pancreatic Cancer always float? Or can they float then sink?

Dark Yellow Urine.
    My Urine will lighten as I drink but will never go clear, I always have a Yellow Tinge no matter what. It also seems I have to drink a lot more now for my Urine to lighten.

Constipation.
    Just can't seem to go to the toilet and have to force myself to go. It also feels like I haven't fully emptied my Bowels.

Bloating.
    My Stomach sticks out further than it did before and it feels very sore sometimes.

Shortness of Breath.
    It seems like I run out of breath a lot quicker than I used to and struggle doing the things I used to do.

Weight Loss.
    I'm not sure about this one because I don't have anything to weigh myself. In December 2020 I was weighed at the Doctors Office and I weighed 52 kg, don't know if I weighed more or less before then so I can't say. Would I of lost more weight by now and how much?

I also get weird Dreams as well and I wake up panicking sometimes, I don't recall having Dreams like that before. It's pretty much every night and it's so bad that I'm tired all the time because I can't get any sleep at night. Is weird Dreams a symptom of Pancreatic Cancer?

I just don't know what else it could be, with Pancreatitis, Amylase are normally a lot higher than that so it can't be that. No one thinks it's Pancreatic Cancer because I'm only 25, but what else is there that it could be? I know Pancreatic Cancer can cause elevated Amylase but once their elevated can they go back down or will they continue rising and rising?

I'm in a lot of distress, been going through this since October 2020 and want it to stop. I know my CT Scan will tell me, but part of me doesn't want to know in case I do have Pancreatic Cancer. I just don't know what to do.

P.S for some reason it says I'm a Female on my info, even though I didn't get the option to choose my Genger on account creation. Won't let me change it either, so guess I'm a Female now lol

Re: I'm a 25 year old Male and I think I have Pancreatic Cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.
    Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Candy-Cane View Post
    My Symptoms at this very moment are.

Upper left Abdominal Pain.
    The Pain feels like a Sharp Stabby Achy Burning pain when it's bad and sometimes just an Annoying Dull Ache when it's not. The pain will last a few seconds then go away, but return seconds, minutes, hours or sometimes days later if I'm lucky, eating sometimes starts it off again. The pain feels internal like something's inside me that's not supposed to be there. Sometimes the pain radiates to the left side around where the Spleen would be or just before that so the Tail of the Pancreas.

Obviously can't explain this myself, but I had an ongoing recurrent pain a few years ago when worrying about bowel cancer, and it then went away after a clear sigmoidoscopy. So pains and symptoms can be psychosomatic.

Around that area too where the pain is (upper left) are Bubbly Gurgling Sounds every time I push my Stomach out or breathe in (Well, same motion) and that happens all the time I do it. I can also feel Vibrations from where the Gurgling is coming from.

I'm getting a similiar pain in my upper right abdomen too that's only been there for a few days, I'm starting to think it's now spread to my Liver causing the pain. I'm also getting a sharp pain in my left side around my rips just under my armpit, and I keep thinking it's spread to my left Lung causing the pain.

Lower Back Pain.
    The pain goes away when I lean forward.

What's your job? Do you sit at a desk? I work on a computer and regularly get bach aches.

Floating Stools.
    It seems my Stools fluctuate between colours now but will float for a while before sinking, sometimes they don't sink. Do Stools with Pancreatic Cancer always float? Or can they float then sink?

All normal.

Dark Yellow Urine.
    My Urine will lighten as I drink but will never go clear, I always have a Yellow Tinge no matter what. It also seems I have to drink a lot more now for my Urine to lighten.

If it lightens with drinking then it's fine. My uncle has continuous dark, almost brown urine whatever he drinks.

Constipation.
    Just can't seem to go to the toilet and have to force myself to go. It also feels like I haven't fully emptied my Bowels.

Normal with anxiety related IBS, which perhaps you could be suffering from?

Bloating.
    My Stomach sticks out further than it did before and it feels very sore sometimes.

Stress and worry affects your stomach and bowels, I know this from experience.

Shortness of Breath.
    It seems like I run out of breath a lot quicker than I used to and struggle doing the things I used to do.

I get this when stressed and anxious.

Weight Loss.
    I'm not sure about this one because I don't have anything to weigh myself. In December 2020 I was weighed at the Doctors Office and I weighed 52 kg, don't know if I weighed more or less before then so I can't say. Would I of lost more weight by now and how much?

YES. My uncle lost over 3 stones in a matter of months, as I'm sure your step-grandfather did.
    Hiya mate, sorry to hear of your struggles with this worry. I've answered some of your symptoms above.

Pancreatic cancer does strike fear into people with health anxiety because of it's reputation. Unfortunately, my uncle was diagnosed with this cancer back in August and is defying the odds and still miraculously alive, he is a very ill man so not sure how he's keeping going!

Sorry to also hear about your step-Grandfather, it's a really awful illness isn't it? I'd imagine this has most surely triggered you into worrying about, like it did with me last year. And it still crosses my mind from time to time.

Honestly a lot of your symptoms sound stress and anxiety related to me, especially the gut issues. I've had IBS since a teenager, but after starting to worry and stress about health, the symptoms became a lot worse. Have you had IBS type issues before?

I'm sorry to hear about your Uncle and I hope he can make a full recovery and kick Pancreatic Cancer where the sun don't shine. Yeah, it really is a dreadful Illness, and what scared me was my Step-Grandfather looked completely fine up until his final days, then all of a sudden he came over funny and died right in front of me, which has probably scarred me for the rest of my life as I can't stop thinking about it.

We were really close as my real Grandfather took his own life back in 1991 before my time, so he was that figure in my life. You're right it could be IBS and I hope it is because that's a very manageable condition. What I can't explain though is my elevated Amylase, if it weren't for that I wouldn't be worrying as much as I am currently.

I keep thinking I'm going to be one of the few that have Pancreatic Cancer in they're 20s (not sure how many people that is) I do have Health Anxiety and obviously that isn't doing me any favours. In the past when I overcome an Illness I'm worried about I can think back and go "Yeah, I can see how my Anxiety could of caused those Symptoms" but since my Amylase are elevated it's making me think something really is wrong as I doubt Anxiety can do that. I have my CT on the 30th March so I will post my results here when I get them.

Thank you for your reply, really appreciate it, as it's made me feel a bit better.

How were the rest of your results candy-cane? Going through similar issues and have only just got the courage to go to the doctors. I’m terrified of the results.

Thread Information