Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: worried!

Hi Sue

Like everyone says it is so normal to be anxious in a situation like this. I know several people who have had bypasses and they have all been absolutely fine.

Just reassure yourself that this time you know the reason why you feel anxious.

Let us know how your Dad gets on

Jules

hi all
    my dad ended coming home the same day,he never had the op in the end, they told him he had to lose 2 stone,before they do it, theve put him back on the waiting list now.
    ive had a rough day today,i woke up with physical feelings i cant explain i think its to do with anxiety though,cause i get the feelings now and again mostly in the mornings,then of course i get panicky,i only seem to get these feelings when i wake up tired, ive felt anxious at work on and off this morning,what can i do to feel better ? from a desperate sue

Hi Sue

I would think the way you are feeling now is purely and simply a reaction to the situation which has just passed. You were under a lot of stress and were anxious and your body won't just switch off from that kind of stimulus overnight..

I would say try to take some active steps towards telling yourself to relax, keep your mind off the things you are worrying about - recognise that they're part of the vicious circle of thinking/panicking - and hold on to the thought that it's a passing phase you're going through and that you will feel better soon.. Give yourself time to adjust, I'm sure your body will start to wind-down very soon but you've also got to try to lend it a helping hand by deliberately trying to calm down and letting go of the thoughts and fears which are making you feel bad...

That's what works for me, mostly! I use Bach's Rescue Remedy (spray) a lot too and that seems to be very helpful.

Good luck and good health

J

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information