Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: AstraZeneca vaccine halted

AstraZeneca vaccine halted

I had the AZ vaccine 11 days ago, I was really worried about having it done but decided to go ahead. Now all I'm seeing is about the vaccine being halted in a number of countries because of a possible link to blood clotting disorders. My health anxiety is in overdrive now.

My mental health has been shocking for the last 5 years and I am currently signed off work with anxiety and depression. I am trying to rationalise but the feelings of doom are starting to take over

Re: AstraZeneca vaccine halted

I don’t know too much about the AZ vaccine as I haven’t researched it. But if you look on the forum for a thread titled “The Vaccine” - the last post on there is from Terry in response to someone else’s worry about this same thing. Have a look, it might help you!

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
    I had the AZ vaccine 11 days ago, I was really worried about having it done but decided to go ahead. Now all I'm seeing is about the vaccine being halted in a number of countries because of a possible link to blood clotting disorders. My health anxiety is in overdrive now.

My mental health has been shocking for the last 5 years and I am currently signed off work with anxiety and depression. I am trying to rationalise but the feelings of doom are starting to take over
    It's already been said that there is no concrete evidence of the Oxford AZ vaccine causing blood clots, and it's widely believed to be coincidental.

My dad had said vaccine at the beginning of Feb and so far no signs of such issues with him.

Of course the media as per usual have been hyping it all up way out of proportion, which is pretty much par for the course anyway, as they have always loved scaring people into parting with their £s!

Plus it's perfect fodder for the die-hard antivaxxers and so they can gleefully proclaim 'I told you so'!!

This is hyper vigilant precaution.

It has already been shown that case numbers for clotting is actually lower per million than would be expected in the general population anyway, so another interpretation of the data could show that the vaccine actually lowers clotting.

I have nothing to add to what others said above, good clear logical advice. I am TERRIFIED of medication of any sort (but not needles oddly enough, just what comes out of the needles lol) and also saw the countries withdrawing it on the news before leaving - to get my AZ vaccine earlier this am. For you its been 11 days - 11 whole days - that in itself would speak volumes. I go by trusting medical professionals in the country I reside in, and they said its all good.

Bravo, Carys. And bravo for going ahead and getting your precious vaccine.

It's been 11 days, Rainbow. Why on earth are you feeling doomed? My son has had the AZ vaccine and he's absolutely fine despite having a whole load of health problems.
    You can choose to leap on this blood clot "link" or you can be grateful that you've had your jab and are fine.
    Blood clots are a big factor in Covid so I know I'd be grateful that I'd had the jab.

Over a month since my mum had the AZ vaccine. She's awaiting her 2nd dose in the next few weeks.

Beware the politics over Covid. The EMA aren't suspending it but individual countries are plus some non EU ones. Most of these countries we are in a bitter argument with and some rubbished AZ from the start for little reason. I find it all quite suspicious when, as Joe says, it's not an unusual statistic.

Have a read of this Scottish media report:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...m_source=upday

Even WHO agree based monitoring the EMA.

Note statements about how blood clotting events are lower than expected in normal population.

Note the EMA stating 30 cases (out of 5 million) have been found yet the reports in the media are all talkingbahout 4 in Norway, 2 in Austria, 2 in Italy. Note how some are unconfirmed. Why are countries focussing on 4 cases in Norway when there are higher numbers? Norway have not found a causal link so it's unclear why those 4 cases seem to be more important that 30 across the EU. What is this "new information" that some countries are saying they have received when the wider medical community don't appear to know about it?

Note the UK has administered 10 million jabs of this with out an issue. And this is more relevant to you.

Note the company itself saying this is not extraordinary and no causal link has been established despite administration of 17 million doses.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Have a read of this Scottish media report:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...m_source=upday

Even WHO agree based monitoring the EMA.

Note statements about how blood clotting events are lower than expected in normal population.

Note the EMA stating 30 cases (out of 5 million) have been found yet the reports in the media are all talkingbahout 4 in Norway, 2 in Austria, 2 in Italy. Note how some are unconfirmed. Why are countries focussing on 4 cases in Norway when there are higher numbers? Norway have not found a causal link so it's unclear why those 4 cases seem to be more important that 30 across the EU. What is this "new information" that some countries are saying they have received when the wider medical community don't appear to know about it?

Note the UK has administered 10 million jabs of this with out an issue. And this is more relevant to you.

Note the company itself saying this is not extraordinary and no causal link has been established despite administration of 17 million doses.
    Sadly much of mainland Europe have now entered their third wave of Covid, according to Dr JC's latest vid, and I have grave sympathy (no pun intended) for the more sensible majority in those nations who are still yet to be jabbed but are being denied the opportunity due to their authorities relentlessly dithering, dawdling and their heavy politicisation of it all, coupled with the die-hard antivaxxers and conspiracy theorists blatantly sticking the knife in, unlike here in Blighty (no gloating intended), we seem to be having better luck for once and are currently the third most advanced in the world jabs-wise, with over a third of our total population now jabbed, whereas usually we're the laughing stock of the world.

My BIL who's now 71 had the AZ vaccine, no problems. Brother 68 and SIL 70 both had it, no problems either.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information