Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: AstraZeneca vaccine halted

Re: AstraZeneca vaccine halted

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Rainbow it will be quite a few weeks before you have (or are due to have) your 2nd jab. I'm sure there will be a lot more clarity about risks and more data about further cases should there be any by the time you get your invitation? Plenty of time to consider what you want to do.

Glad that you have had your 1st jab with no ill effects..My daughter will be 1 month short of her 30th birthday when she is due her 2nd OAZ jab and she was really worried at first and said she didn't want to have it but she's coming round to the idea now and really wants as much protection as possible because she is terrified of getting Long Covid.

Why not put your worry and anxiety on hold until nearer the time and see what the advice is then?
    I haven't totally decided that I won't take it but I worry that my risks could be higher as my mum had her first stroke when she was 43 and the second at 45 which was fatal. I was advised not to take the contraceptive pill by my gp after she died because of the risks. I also have a condition called lipoedema which is abnormal fat deposits in my legs. I have bad circulation in my legs so worry that I am more at risk.

There haven't been any cases reported after the 2nd jab but I appreciate your worries. You still have quite a few weeks in which to see how things progress and to make your decision.

Have you talked to your GP about this?

A good example of comparing the clotting risk to everyday life from an article I read today:

On Saturday a scientist advising the Government said any blot clots associated with the J&J vaccine are “extraordinarily rare events”.

Professor Peter Openshaw, a member of the Covid-19 clinical information network, told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme: “We still don’t know whether they are directly related and caused by the vaccine but it seems possible that they could be.

“It wouldn’t be surprising to find the J&J, the Janssen vaccine, also causes rare blood clots because it’s based on an adenovirus technology which is not that far away from the technology being used in the AstraZeneca vaccine.”

Asked if he is concerned it could undermine public confidence in coronavirus jabs, Prof Openshaw said: “These are extraordinarily rare events and there is no medicine that is going to be completely free of side effects but this is on the scale of the risk of adverse outcome you would expect if you get into a car and drive 250 miles, and many of us wouldn’t blink before taking that risk.”

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
    I haven't totally decided that I won't take it but I worry that my risks could be higher as my mum had her first stroke when she was 43 and the second at 45 which was fatal. I was advised not to take the contraceptive pill by my gp after she died because of the risks. I also have a condition called lipoedema which is abnormal fat deposits in my legs. I have bad circulation in my legs so worry that I am more at risk.
    Like pulisa says I think you should get advice from your GP. The risk of blood clot in patients admitted to ICUs with Covid is very high and stroke risk is increased. Your GP may tell you one risk outweighs the other.

Yeah, ask your GP Rainbow, to clarify any medical issues. I think also, and I might be wrong as this is of course a dynamic situation and information is changing - if you've had one dose, and were totally fine, then the second dose isn't a risk.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
    Oh, my. I can understand your concerns reading that.

I can sympathise with the lipoedema; it's not the same disease, but Mrs. PM had stage 4 lymphoedema in both her legs.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread Information