Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diabetes type 2

Diabetes type 2

I didnt know where to post this so I posted it here coz I know our matey from Taz will have some good advice.

A mate of mine just got tested positive for diabetes and he's only 32. He's a lazy fat gronk. He's so lazy that he asks you what time is it coz he's too lazy to turn his wrist to look at his own watch.

Doc won't give him any gear, told him to cut out sugar and grog and go on a diet. I know these diets are sorta fadish and come and go but he's doing this one called 814 where you eat at 8am,1pm and 4pm every day. Sounds sorta useless since he still stuffs himself.

Any useful advice I can give him? Thanks

Re: Diabetes type 2

Quote Originally Posted by gronk View Post
    Doc won't give him any gear, told him to cut out sugar and grog and go on a diet. I know these diets are sorta fadish and come and go but he's doing this one called 814 where you eat at 8am,1pm and 4pm every day. Sounds sorta useless since he still stuffs himself.
    It sounds useless because it is. There are a lot of factors involved in weight and weight loss, hormones, gut microbes, liver health, etc, etc, but a lot comes down to eating less and moving more.

Any useful advice I can give him? Thanks
    The first thing I recommend is getting a scale and check his weight every couple of days.

What worked for me a few years ago when the belts started getting tighter and tighter was going on a lazy keto diet. Basically, moderate protein, more plant based fat and dairy - full cream milk, cheese and eggs - and not eating anything with more than 4-4.5% carbohydrates, though while I try and stick to it I do break the carb rule maybe a couple of times a week, hence the 'lazy' tag. I also gave up red meat years ago eating only fish and chicken not because of weight but because red meat has other health impacts. It's not a fast way to lose weight however. Your mate will be doing well if he loses a kilo every 2-3 weeks. He probably should get his GP's input on this as the basis of keto is a higher than usual fat intake which may not be a good idea for some.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    It sounds useless because it is. There are a lot of factors involved in weight and weight loss, hormones, gut microbes, liver health, etc, etc, but a lot comes down to eating less and moving more.

The first thing I recommend is getting a scale and check his weight every couple of days.

What worked for me a few years ago when the belts started getting tighter and tighter was going on a lazy keto diet. Basically, moderate protein, more plant based fat and dairy - full cream milk, cheese and eggs - and not eating anything with more than 4-4.5% carbohydrates, though while I try and stick to it I do break the carb rule maybe a couple of times a week, hence the 'lazy' tag. I also gave up red meat years ago eating only fish and chicken not because of weight but because red meat has other health impacts. It's not a fast way to lose weight however. Your mate will be doing well if he loses a kilo every 2-3 weeks. He probably should get his GP's input on this as the basis of keto is a higher than usual fat intake which may not be a good idea for some.
    Thats deadly bro!

Yeah I showed it to him and he looked interested. He's gonna stop that 814 shit and hopefully follow your advice.

gronk - still waiting for a reply to a PM I sent you. This is the 2nd time I have asked you to read it.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    gronk - still waiting for a reply to a PM I sent you. This is the 2nd time I have asked you to read it.
    Yeah sorted, hopefuly

These messages are electronically generated, yeah? Coz I got another e mail with same message telling me not to reply. Dunno whether to laugh or cry

No it is far from sorted and I sent 2 more PM's

The replies are not electronically generated. You are getting an email telling you that you have a PM and not to reply to the email. You need to reply to the PM NOT the emails.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Yeah a lot if forums got trouble with trolls. Banning them usually don't work coz they just come back with a new username.

On Anxiety Zone there was this guy from Antarctica who everyone assumed must be a troll coz nobody lives there. Or so we thought. He turned out to be a scientist from Denmark, they got a large research station there. How the hell did they manage to build something like that in minus 30 temperature, not as if they can wait for the snow to melt in summer. Yeah that was quite funny, I feel a bit like the guy right now.

You don't need another guise, gronk..You've been through quite a few already....

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You don't need another guise, gronk..You've been through quite a few already....
    Agreed. You need to up your game, Gronk.

I was trying to give you a chance to come clean and explain things to me but clearly you are not prepared to so why not?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information