Thread: Angina Fears - Worried Again!

Unhappy Angina Fears - Worried Again!

27 Male / 1.65m / 63 KG / Non-Smoker / No Family History of Cardiac Issues / Regularly Exercise / RHR 56 BPM

Looking to see if anyone has experienced anything like this, or themselves has angina. This has happened to me before several times. Basically, I'll get a slight pressure towards the very bottom of my sternum, right around the edges of the lower part of my pectoral muscle. It's not overly severe, but uncomfortable especially with the anxiety that comes with it. It definitely feels more internal than at the surface.

There is no pain whatsoever, it only lasts 10-15 seconds, I don't experience any shortness of breath, dizziness, or any other symptoms. It's also not associated with exercise - I feel great when I exercise. I also feel my pulse when experiencing this, and don't feel any kind of irregularity.

I have terrible, terrible health anxiety, and am extremely worried it could be angina. Has anyone experienced similar? Or know anything this?

Thanks

Re: Angina Fears - Worried Again!

I have heart disease, have had two heart attacks, a bypass and stents. I also have angina as a result. Not bad mind you but I have nitro for when it kicks up (a few times a year). Based on your post, I can very safely say you don't.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Ajocc59 View Post
    27 Male / 1.65m / 63 KG / Non-Smoker / No Family History of Cardiac Issues / Regularly Exercise / RHR 56 BPM
    Impressive RHR tbh.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Thread Information