Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forgot to wear mask!

Forgot to wear mask!

I am freaking out a little bit here.

Since the start of the pandemic, I have -without fail- always had my mask on on the handful of occasions I’ve left the house. I've been extremely worried about Covid every time I’ve gone out anywhere even though I’ve done my absolute best to socially distance each time and haven’t done unnecessary trips.

Yesterday I had to take my dog to the vets. I went on my own. I get a little bit anxious when I go anywhere on my own. I went into the waiting room, Checked in at the front desk and sat down. I was sat down for a good few minutes when I realised to my absolute horror that I hadn’t got my mask on!! I had it with me in my handbag but I had completely forgotten to put it on before walking into the building. So of course I put it on a soon as I realised but now my brain is doing over time and I’m convinced that I’m going to catch Covid from them few minutes I wasn’t wearing my mask. Does anyone think it is likely?! I didn’t go especially near anybody, and there was a screen across the desk between customers and reception staff.. But it is a very busy veterinary practice and I’m worried now.

** can I please respectfully add that I am not looking for a debate about masks, if anyone is reading this and they don’t believe in them then that is absolutely your opinion but please do not take over my thread - thank you 🙂**

Re: Forgot to wear mask!

It’s easily done, I’ve done it a couple of times.
    But also, the mask is mostly to protect others and not you.

I’m sure if you followed all the other procedures then you’ll be fine. Your anxiety is probably the worst enemy here x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^ Wot Scass said.

Yes, done it myself too, or gone into a small and poorly-ventilated room with someone unmasked, as I did yesterday (work).

You'll be fine - look at it, as ever, as a practical worry rather than a theoretical worry.

Sooner or later we'll be in a situation where masks are no longer obligatory so start thinking about how to handle that, rather than this.

its easily done, i've forgot to have a mask on once in a supermarket
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    ^^ Wot Scass said.

Yes, done it myself too, or gone into a small and poorly-ventilated room with someone unmasked, as I did yesterday (work).

You'll be fine - look at it, as ever, as a practical worry rather than a theoretical worry.

Sooner or later we'll be in a situation where masks are no longer obligatory so start thinking about how to handle that, rather than this.

Yes That's a sobering thought, PM. It will be a withdrawal from mask-wearing that causes anxiety for some of us.

I think you will be perfectly, fine, Silver _Shoes and I hope your dog was too after the vet appointment!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Yes That's a sobering thought, PM. It will be a withdrawal from mask-wearing that causes anxiety for some of us.

I think you will be perfectly, fine, Silver _Shoes and I hope your dog was too after the vet appointment!
    I think you're right, Pulisa, as most of us now have become accustomed to indoor mask wearing since last summer, in a similar sense to being accustomed to wearing seat belts in cars, but I am looking forward to the day when mandatory wearing of masks indoors is finally declared unwarranted, because it will demonstrate a greater semblance of normality once again.

Not that I personally have any issue with still having to mask up indoors in the meantime.

My partner did the same thing yesterday, he said he walked into the petrol station without his mask on and had a feeling something wasn’t quite right but couldn’t put his finger on it until he realised he was getting weird looks 😂 these things happen, if you distanced and there were screens up between you and the staff at the vets then I’d say it’s highly unlikely you will have caught it ☺️

Same thing for me... had the mask around my neck and just forgot to pull it up. Did so as soon as I realized it but the fact is, the chances were minimal in that short amount of time and I'm fine

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Well, a thread has already started: https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showth...98#post1995198

I'm certainly not over the moon about losing the masks; if nowt else it helps keep my ugly mug from frightening the horses

Please excuse my rudeness, I have seen all replies and am grateful for the reassurance! however for some strange reason I was logged out of the forum and could not for the life of me figure out how to get back in to reply to this sooner.

To those who have expressed concerns about when all this is over ...yes absolutely - I have a lot of worries around that, too. I just cannot imagine how things will be on the 21st of June when we can go out without masks on and not have to social distance. I will definitely still be wearing my mask when out in public for the foreseeable. it’s a bit scary really isn’t it?!

This is, of course, if the country even makes it to these proposed deadlines.. I don’t mean to be even more negative but now that the schools are back I think we are going to see a rise in cases again :( this is already proving to be the case in some parts of the country.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information