Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forgot to wear mask!

Re: Forgot to wear mask!

Well, *so far* at least we are doing better than France, which looks perilously like it's heading into a third wave even with its major restrictions like the 6pm curfew.

I'm not looking forward to 21/6 - but I am at least at liberty to keep wearing a face covering and keep my distance from others if I so choose. What I DON'T need are imbeciles questioning my choice should I do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Well, *so far* at least we are doing better than France, which looks perilously like it's heading into a third wave even with its major restrictions like the 6pm curfew.

I'm not looking forward to 21/6 - but I am at least at liberty to keep wearing a face covering and keep my distance from others if I so choose. What I DON'T need are imbeciles questioning my choice should I do this.
    Don't be surprised if you get some funny looks and don't let it bother you. I think there will be a number of people acting cautiously until we know for sure the pandemic has gone.

It may also make us question using them during flu season? Some of us might wear them if we know we are ill?

OP - aside from what everyone else has said please also consider that we have gone through the biggest parts of the pandemic now. As those numbers are coming down you are at reduced risk anyway.

You might even find the town levels trackers show x number of cases let going into the lower level detail there are much fewer known cases near you. For instance, my ward often has about 4 cases now. I'm on the outskirts of the city. I haven't been into the main CBD or busier areas since this began. Those areas have the higher numbers but even at ward level (currently) they are <20 cases. But does anyone from those wards even visit my vets when it's within 1.5 miles of my house? So, the wards surrounding it are more the measure of how many cases even have the potential to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by silver_shoes View Post
    Please excuse my rudeness, I have seen all replies and am grateful for the reassurance! however for some strange reason I was logged out of the forum and could not for the life of me figure out how to get back in to reply to this sooner.

To those who have expressed concerns about when all this is over ...yes absolutely - I have a lot of worries around that, too. I just cannot imagine how things will be on the 21st of June when we can go out without masks on and not have to social distance. I will definitely still be wearing my mask when out in public for the foreseeable. it’s a bit scary really isn’t it?!

This is, of course, if the country even makes it to these proposed deadlines.. I don’t mean to be even more negative but now that the schools are back I think we are going to see a rise in cases again :( this is already proving to be the case in some parts of the country.
    Re your last paragraph, I think the increases in cases in certain areas you briefly mentioned could be partly attributed to the surge testing in schools and the like, of which 1k-odd tests in total have been carried out on each weekday since Monday 8th March (not Saturdays and Sundays), plus some could have been false positives.

The daily cases at worst seem to have for the most part levelled off since Monday 8th, and at best there have so far been no signs of any dramatic surges in daily cases, nor has there been any notable reports of Covid outbreaks in any schools and likewise establishments so far in England, although there was a brief mention today about an outbreak in a uni in Scotland, which is reportedly being managed in the most appropriate manner.

Don't forget they stated they expected cases to rise once they re-opened the schools. They have data from last time they can use for that. So, the milestones set down should be with this mind.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Don't forget they stated they expected cases to rise once they re-opened the schools. They have data from last time they can use for that. So, the milestones set down should be with this mind.
    I'm not disputing that in any way, and I do fully acknowledge it's still only early days as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I'm not disputing that in any way, and I do fully acknowledge it's still only early days as yet.
    Sorry Lenco, it was meant as an add on to your post but really for the OP regarding the last paragraph.

I'm the polar opposite of you SS. I haven't worn a mask in a close to a year. No issues as of yet. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Well, a thread has already started: https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showth...98#post1995198

I'm certainly not over the moon about losing the masks; if nowt else it helps keep my ugly mug from frightening the horses
    Also, you can sing along to the store music quite happily when you have a mask on and no-one can see! You just can’t do that maskless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's also great as a face warmer in Winter when it's really cold.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information