Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Anxiety about lockdown lifting

Re: Anxiety about lockdown lifting

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    My daughter has severe social anxiety and ASD but she won't get a look in re help and support because of the influx of "new" anxiety sufferers post-Lockdown.

Are young people being "encouraged" to have a mental health issue?
    Not sure as to whether or not youngsters are being 'encouraged' to have mental health issues as I'm sure a sizeable proportion already did pre-pandemic, and even pre-Global Financial Crisis, but they often weren't acknowledged or listened to, plus often dismissed with the pejorative labels 'snowflakes', 'wokes', etc!

Also long before both this pandemic and the GFC, many people with ASD often got a raw deal over what should have been 'help' and 'support', regardless of the general political and economic situations.

I know because I have been there myself on many occasions over the years.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 06-04-21 at 09:20.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    We need a new PM. This one is going to cause another COVID lockdown as he vows to "stick to the roadmap like glue".
    Considering Johnson's track record for lying - which is absolutely natural to him as the man has no morals whatsoever - I am strongly inclined to agree although he will probably still fear the Covid Recovery Group, and I have no doubt that in a free vote on vaccine passports his government will lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Considering Johnson's track record for lying - which is absolutely natural to him as the man has no morals whatsoever - I am strongly inclined to agree although he will probably still fear the Covid Recovery Group, and I have no doubt that in a free vote on vaccine passports his government will lose.
    Yesterday you admitted that you also thought Bliar and Co were corrupt and lacked morals in their own right, especially over your wife's benefits you mentioned being cut some 20 years ago, that you and her were forever fighting tooth and nail against!

I hate it when people say this is the "new normal". Granted, I'm also introverted and love to spend time to myself as much the next introvert but lockdown has done severe damage to my mental health. I mean yeah it will feel weird to get back to normal but after all these months its not a surprise. I just don't want to spend more time like this because I have way too much time to think which worsens my anxiety!

What I'm most concerned about is the possibility of people using the lockdown easements as justification for behaving like animals, especially with emotions amongst many being so frayed of late.

Quote Originally Posted by TaleOn11 View Post
    I hate it when people say this is the "new normal".
    I hear what you're saying but I use that phrase all the time in reference to how I am post heart attacks and cancer. My body has changed and add age to the equation, I'm a far cry physically from what I was 20 years ago.

I believe that applies mentally as well. Those that suffer with mental illness can take meds and get therapy to help control it and for them, how they are in recovery is their 'new normal'. They're better but not who and what they were prior to mental illness or when they were in the depths of it.

The pandemic put the world in a precarious place. From the mental stress to restrictions to the economy, fear etc. Like it or not, things ARE different now. Recovery from all these aspects will take time. Realistically it's going to be several years especially with the political divide that has seemingly become the focus of so many. When things finally do settle down, it will be the 'new normal'. It will resemble life pre-COVID, but at the same time, the scars and side effects will remain as they do with physical and mental illnesses.

I know for me, due to the reasons I listed above, my life has changed dramatically. That said, just based on my own personal experience, we're creatures of adaptation and we find ways to adjust and get on with life. What other choice do we have really?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    The pandemic put the world in a precarious place. From the mental stress to restrictions to the economy, fear etc. Like it or not, things ARE different now. Recovery from all these aspects will take time. Realistically it's going to be several years especially with the political divide that has seemingly become the focus of so many. When things finally do settle down, it will be the 'new normal'. It will resemble life pre-COVID, but at the same time, the scars and side effects will remain as they do with physical and mental illnesses.
    New normal or not, I just want to feel better. I don't want to live with this heightened anxiety for years! I want to feel at least happy again!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Yesterday you admitted that you also thought Bliar and Co were corrupt and lacked morals in their own right, especially over your wife's benefits you mentioned being cut some 20 years ago, that you and her were forever fighting tooth and nail against!
    True. Doesn't mean I can't hate these bar stewards either: New Labour were just Tories in better suits.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    True. Doesn't mean I can't hate these bar stewards either: New Labour were just Tories in better suits.
    I'm not in any way suggesting you shouldn't hate the current 'barstewards' in power. I do too for the most part.

I also share your opinion that Blair and Co had their faults too, even though in retrospect they may have been the actual lesser of the two evils as far as we're both concerned.

On the whole, I suppose it's a case of swings and roundabouts.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 06-04-21 at 16:46.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information