Page 37 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad anxiety

Re: Bad anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Thanks I stayed in my first hotel in six months locally in Edinburgh and today I booked a train to northern England a bit spontaneous but I have a trip to Manchester in March so I know I need to start pushing myself to go further trips. I also went to a busy bowling alley which was strange being round people and visited my first pub in two years for some food. I am hoping it gives me more confidence to go back to London later this year. I have also been trying to better manage my ocd which seems to be going ok as I resist worrying about the germs.
    The more you do it, the more you will feel comfortable with it. Won't happen immediately, but over time it gets easier. If you stop, though, you'll end up back at the beginning.

It's an expensive business staying in hotels on a regular basis so maybe plan for a more moderate outing as part of your "rehab" routine such as the cinema/ bowling/pub/ eating out/ meeting up with friends now that restrictions are lifted and you are able to do the things you missed during the lockdowns?

Fill your spare time with things you enjoy. You are free to do so now so don't let anxiety hold you back.

Want to discuss my latest anxiety attacks. I have cracked skin on my hands and I get odd cuts but sometimes it makes me panic if I feel weak I have a blood fear. Makes me feel weak if I get a cut so I panic so I rush to buy chocolate. Or if Iím hungry and feel weak it drives a panic attack. Each time itís very fearful takes a while for the food to take away the hunger or weakness. Anybody else had this and any tips for when these attacks come? In my head I worry Iím dying every day so thatís also an issue which makes me panic. Today the cut made me feel low energy all day?
    Last edited by phil06; 21-01-22 at 21:53.

Want to discuss my latest anxiety attacks. I have cracked skin on my hands and I get odd cuts but sometimes it makes me panic if I feel weak I have a blood fear. Makes me feel weak if I get a cut so I panic so I rush to buy chocolate. Or if I’m hungry and feel weak it drives a panic attack. Each time it’s very fearful takes a while for the food to take away the hunger or weakness. Anybody else had this and any tips for when these attacks come? In my head I worry I’m dying every day so that’s also an issue which makes me panic. Today the cut made me feel low energy all day?
    Phil, I know you have a severe needle phobia but have you had any blood tests recently? Some of that almost sounds like you have low blood sugar?

I do think some of this is getting out of control and I think you might need some help or talking therapy - have you tried any of this recently? The cracked skin can be helped by an emollient - ask at your local chemists.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Phil, I know you have a severe needle phobia but have you had any blood tests recently? Some of that almost sounds like you have low blood sugar?

I do think some of this is getting out of control and I think you might need some help or talking therapy - have you tried any of this recently? The cracked skin can be helped by an emollient - ask at your local chemists.
    Thanks is the low blood sugar anything to worry about? I’ve had those attacks for many years and only found some chocolate as a solution?

Yes is it getting out of hand I use to have bad ocd but it’s mostly anxiety now. I have managed to do some stuff which is good but often the anxiety takes over makes me feel desperate I struggle to cope with the feelings of anxiety? Perhaps I need more thearpy

Phil, I used to get attacks of weakness, feeling giddy and sweating. Then I'd get the urge to gorge myself on stodgy food straight after. I've changed my diet to include complex carbs like porridge. Also eating fruit, veg, nuts, eggs and chicken. I've cut out high sugar/junk/takeaway food and I never get those attacks now. Instead of reaching for the chocolate, try a banana instead.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Phil, I used to get attacks of weakness, feeling giddy and sweating. Then I'd get the urge to gorge myself on stodgy food straight after. I've changed my diet to include complex carbs like porridge. Also eating fruit, veg, nuts, eggs and chicken. I've cut out high sugar/junk/takeaway food and I never get those attacks now. Instead of reaching for the chocolate, try a banana instead.
    Thanks I only like junk food and fizzy drinks I have cut back I drink orange juice and eat apples. I have them a few times a week. Can anxiety really make u feel weak without a reason? I think half my panic attacks start this way

I always worry about something awful like undiagnosed diabetes or some awful disease or covid as you can have some for years and never know

Thanks I only like junk food and fizzy drinks I have cut back I drink orange juice and eat apples. I have them a few times a week. Can anxiety really make u feel weak without a reason? I think half my panic attacks start this way
    Junk food is addictive. The fast food chains present their products as cool and trendy, packaged with fancy names and bright colours. Like everyone is eating it and we're the only fools not to.

But its basically trash. Sugar, fat and carbohydrate. I noticed after eating that I'd get catarrh in my throat, having the clear my throat and put it down to getting older. But with better quality food I never get that problem. Apples are good but you could try maybe eating oranges rather than drinking the juice, they can't add sugar to oranges.

I only like junk food and fizzy drinks
    Just - why ? Surely you and your wife are cooking meals ?

Page 37 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread Information