Page 37 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 1018

Thread: Bad anxiety

  1. #361
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    337

    Re: Bad anxiety

    Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Thanks I stayed in my first hotel in six months locally in Edinburgh and today I booked a train to northern England a bit spontaneous but I have a trip to Manchester in March so I know I need to start pushing myself to go further trips. I also went to a busy bowling alley which was strange being round people and visited my first pub in two years for some food. I am hoping it gives me more confidence to go back to London later this year. I have also been trying to better manage my ocd which seems to be going ok as I resist worrying about the germs.
    The more you do it, the more you will feel comfortable with it. Won't happen immediately, but over time it gets easier. If you stop, though, you'll end up back at the beginning.

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    15,416

    Re: Bad anxiety

    It's an expensive business staying in hotels on a regular basis so maybe plan for a more moderate outing as part of your "rehab" routine such as the cinema/ bowling/pub/ eating out/ meeting up with friends now that restrictions are lifted and you are able to do the things you missed during the lockdowns?

    Fill your spare time with things you enjoy. You are free to do so now so don't let anxiety hold you back.

  3. #363
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    , , United Kingdom.
    Posts
    5,353

    Re: Bad anxiety

    Want to discuss my latest anxiety attacks. I have cracked skin on my hands and I get odd cuts but sometimes it makes me panic if I feel weak I have a blood fear. Makes me feel weak if I get a cut so I panic so I rush to buy chocolate. Or if Iím hungry and feel weak it drives a panic attack. Each time itís very fearful takes a while for the food to take away the hunger or weakness. Anybody else had this and any tips for when these attacks come? In my head I worry Iím dying every day so thatís also an issue which makes me panic. Today the cut made me feel low energy all day?
    Last edited by phil06; 21-01-22 at 21:53.

  4. #364
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    3,092

    Re: Bad anxiety

    Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Want to discuss my latest anxiety attacks. I have cracked skin on my hands and I get odd cuts but sometimes it makes me panic if I feel weak I have a blood fear. Makes me feel weak if I get a cut so I panic so I rush to buy chocolate. Or if I’m hungry and feel weak it drives a panic attack. Each time it’s very fearful takes a while for the food to take away the hunger or weakness. Anybody else had this and any tips for when these attacks come? In my head I worry I’m dying every day so that’s also an issue which makes me panic. Today the cut made me feel low energy all day?
    Phil, I know you have a severe needle phobia but have you had any blood tests recently? Some of that almost sounds like you have low blood sugar?

    I do think some of this is getting out of control and I think you might need some help or talking therapy - have you tried any of this recently? The cracked skin can be helped by an emollient - ask at your local chemists.

  5. #365
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    , , United Kingdom.
    Posts
    5,353

    Re: Bad anxiety

    Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Phil, I know you have a severe needle phobia but have you had any blood tests recently? Some of that almost sounds like you have low blood sugar?

    I do think some of this is getting out of control and I think you might need some help or talking therapy - have you tried any of this recently? The cracked skin can be helped by an emollient - ask at your local chemists.
    Thanks is the low blood sugar anything to worry about? I’ve had those attacks for many years and only found some chocolate as a solution?

    Yes is it getting out of hand I use to have bad ocd but it’s mostly anxiety now. I have managed to do some stuff which is good but often the anxiety takes over makes me feel desperate I struggle to cope with the feelings of anxiety? Perhaps I need more thearpy

  6. #366
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    , , United Kingdom.
    Posts
    2,441

    Re: Bad anxiety

    Phil, I used to get attacks of weakness, feeling giddy and sweating. Then I'd get the urge to gorge myself on stodgy food straight after. I've changed my diet to include complex carbs like porridge. Also eating fruit, veg, nuts, eggs and chicken. I've cut out high sugar/junk/takeaway food and I never get those attacks now. Instead of reaching for the chocolate, try a banana instead.
    __________________
    'It was a wedding ring, destined to be found in a cheap hotel, lost in a kitchen sink, or thrown in a wishing well' - Marillion, Clutching at Straws, 1987

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    , , United Kingdom.
    Posts
    5,353

    Re: Bad anxiety

    Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Phil, I used to get attacks of weakness, feeling giddy and sweating. Then I'd get the urge to gorge myself on stodgy food straight after. I've changed my diet to include complex carbs like porridge. Also eating fruit, veg, nuts, eggs and chicken. I've cut out high sugar/junk/takeaway food and I never get those attacks now. Instead of reaching for the chocolate, try a banana instead.
    Thanks I only like junk food and fizzy drinks I have cut back I drink orange juice and eat apples. I have them a few times a week. Can anxiety really make u feel weak without a reason? I think half my panic attacks start this way

  8. #368
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    , , United Kingdom.
    Posts
    5,353

    Re: Bad anxiety

    I always worry about something awful like undiagnosed diabetes or some awful disease or covid as you can have some for years and never know

  9. #369
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    , , United Kingdom.
    Posts
    2,441

    Re: Bad anxiety

    Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Thanks I only like junk food and fizzy drinks I have cut back I drink orange juice and eat apples. I have them a few times a week. Can anxiety really make u feel weak without a reason? I think half my panic attacks start this way
    Junk food is addictive. The fast food chains present their products as cool and trendy, packaged with fancy names and bright colours. Like everyone is eating it and we're the only fools not to.

    But its basically trash. Sugar, fat and carbohydrate. I noticed after eating that I'd get catarrh in my throat, having the clear my throat and put it down to getting older. But with better quality food I never get that problem. Apples are good but you could try maybe eating oranges rather than drinking the juice, they can't add sugar to oranges.
    __________________
    'It was a wedding ring, destined to be found in a cheap hotel, lost in a kitchen sink, or thrown in a wishing well' - Marillion, Clutching at Straws, 1987

  10. #370
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,226

    Re: Bad anxiety

    I only like junk food and fizzy drinks
    Just - why ? Surely you and your wife are cooking meals ?

Page 37 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. my anxiety is so bad
    By susie in forum General Anxiety / Generalised anxiety disorder (GAD)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20-07-16, 08:07
  2. bad bad anxiety
    By simi in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 19-08-11, 17:46
  3. bad stomach cramps bad anxiety
    By honeyp1e in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21-12-10, 18:52
  4. I have bad bad bad anxiety help!
    By dez_m_1 in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-11-10, 22:47
  5. having really bad anxiety
    By armanigurl143 in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-06-09, 21:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •