Page 128 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1562

Thread: Bad anxiety

Re: Bad anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Yes I think the anxiety is causing pains. I had pain in my jaw today so I googled strokes and I went back to gambling to make me feel better. My wife doesn’t understand my anxiety so it’s better she stays out of it as often she makes it worse or makes me panic more. I am battling a health anxiety right now you may remember a few weeks ago it was agrophobia before ocd. It bounces about I stopped having ocd I then stopped worrying my about going out.

I spent way too much time in the house I know that’s an issue. Often I go to gigs and spent £100+ I said to my wife perhaps I need to do more cheap things like cinema or meals out to I can actually get out the house more often. At home I’m just getting sucked into in health anxiety pains gambling and all sorts downing too much caffeine drinks. What frustrates me is I get rid of one element of anxiety maybe ocd and then the next one comes? Rather than them all going away.

Going outside is a threat to me right now I don’t feel safe. I feel better when working but on breaks going to the shop I feel awful. I blame covid as I spent more time at home and working one less day means the home is more comfortable. The pains often vanish for short periods if I have something else on my mind so as you say anxiety can be playing a big part. I am not really sure what I am anxious about to be honest. News, covid, money has played a part what I’m reading on my phone but perhaps the threat to me isn’t there when outside. I want to be able to beat this anxiety but it’s difficult. I probably sound repetitive I think one of the issues is too much time at home. This week me and my wife are on holiday but not M in cash to do much as I say bigger events cost more less money for other days. I did go a walk yesterday which was free and not an expensive day. I hope to take a short walk today. I tried getting into streaming services but I get distracted easily. As I said many times here I can’t put my phone down for 5 minutes. What I’m digesting on news and social media could be fuelling my fear I’ve tried to look at other stuff online but I give up easily. Some days I make progress but other days I slip back into old habits and just don’t have that Will power to do what’s right to fix things.

But yep today the funny feeling in my jaw or face is making me worry about strokes ect. What scares me is being human so many health things can happen so that worries me
    Phil, apart from Covid, what in particular is making you feel unsafe when out and about? Is your area currently in the grip of some kind of crime 'epidemic' which may be unsettling you?

I have generally been paying less attention to the national news during the past couple of weeks, which has actually made me feel a little better emotionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Phil, apart from Covid, what in particular is making you feel unsafe when out and about? Is your area currently in the grip of some kind of crime 'epidemic' which may be unsettling you?

I have generally been paying less attention to the national news during the past couple of weeks, which has actually made me feel a little better emotionally.
    During the pandemic we heard lots of short illnesses or people collapsing that has made me worried the open space not feeling safe at home I canít just run back home. But yes itís the news not really covid worrying me perhaps more serious ones like Heart attacks and strokes.

During the pandemic we heard lots of short illnesses or people collapsing that has made me worried the open space not feeling safe at home I canít just run back home. But yes itís the news not really covid worrying me perhaps more serious ones like Heart attacks and strokes.
    Heart attacks, strokes, etc have been happening to people since time immemorial, but it does understandably seem that certain issues that passed most people by pre-pandemic are now being taken more seriously.

Also, you never seem to mention any concerns about the greater likelihood of getting run over by buses when out and about?

Heart attacks, strokes, etc have been happening to people since time immemorial, but it does understandably seem that certain issues that passed most people by pre-pandemic are now being taken more seriously.

Also, you never seem to mention any concerns about the greater likelihood of getting run over by buses when out and about?
    Yes thatís true about buses maybe I need to weigh up the likely good of it happening or not.

On another note I feel Iíve met myself down I wasted another £100 on the slot machines I managed to over turn my block at bank my sending my wife money and using her card again. This is the issue with this addition I can actually go a while not using these sites yet I get a day or two urge to use them.

I had been doing well for weeks not playing but I admit I was still looking at free offers. My wife has had enough of me gambling so it’s a bit of an issue. Every time I kick the habit I find a way to go back on? I may ask my Internet provider if they can block gambling maybe? My wife gave in let me put the cash in. Today I just lost Will power the urge came. I kept losing as I had to keep playing until I won sometimes I did often I would lose it all.

Phil, I'm sure I heard/read the other day that Scotland may have now passed the peak of the current Covid BA.4/5 wave.

Phil, I'm sure I heard/read the other day that Scotland may have now passed the peak of the current Covid BA.4/5 wave.
    They are bringing masks back in Cyrpus now my fear is my holiday is cancelled abroad or we go back to these lockdown passports and masks. People blamed the pandemic for dragging on? Maybe we have to wait till it’s no longer a pandemic? My fear is this is a new normal as has been my fear for years.

They are bringing masks back in Cyrpus now my fear is my holiday is cancelled abroad or we go back to these lockdown passports and masks. People blamed the pandemic for dragging on? Maybe we have to wait till it’s no longer a pandemic? My fear is this is a new normal as has been my fear for years.
    Your fear for 'years'? This pandemic has only officially existed for about 2 1/2 years Phil.

Plus Cyprus and the return of their mask legislation is hardly the 'be-all-and-end-all' of how the world is currently managing the pandemic, and is probably only intended as a temporary measure until things blow over once again.

I've also heard tonight that Portugal are now past their peak of the current Covid BA.4/5 wave, and cases are now declining there, and will very likely be following suit here in the UK over the coming weeks, plus as I mentioned earlier, Scotland also may already have peaked, or at least currently reaching their peak.

Yes I think the anxiety is causing pains. I had pain in my jaw today so I googled strokes and I went back to gambling to make me feel better.
    I have pains in my jaw. It's called TMJ and it's because I tense my jaw and clench my teeth (anxiety)

My wife doesnít understand my anxiety so itís better she stays out of it as often she makes it worse or makes me panic more. I am battling a health anxiety right now you may remember a few weeks ago it was agrophobia before ocd. It bounces about I stopped having ocd I then stopped worrying my about going out.
    You don't 'stop' having OCD unless it's effectively treated. It's just that the brain can only take so much shit in one go so HA is at the forefront at the moment. It's still obsessive and irrational behaviour..

I spent way too much time in the house I know thatís an issue. Often I go to gigs and spent £100+ I said to my wife perhaps I need to do more cheap things like cinema or meals out to I can actually get out the house more often. At home Iím just getting sucked into in health anxiety pains gambling and all sorts downing too much caffeine drinks. What frustrates me is I get rid of one element of anxiety maybe ocd and then the next one comes? Rather than them all going away.
    Why on Earth would you do this if you have severe anxiety? You're asking to feel shite, Phil!

Again, you don't 'get rid' of anything here. You have two MH conditions which overlap. Imagine two cars having a race. One is HA the other is OCD and they keep overtaking one another. Both cars are still there... Your HA car is in front at the mo but OCD will overtake soon enough. (how's that for a really shit analogy?)

Going outside is a threat to me right now I donít feel safe.
    Yet you go out a lot to gigs and stuff? Is it that your interest/obsession (gigging) overrides your fears? If so, I understand that because this happens to me with concerts because music is an obsession of mine..

As I said many times here I canít put my phone down for 5 minutes. What Iím digesting on news and social media could be fuelling my fear Iíve tried to look at other stuff online but I give up easily. Some days I make progress but other days I slip back into old habits and just donít have that Will power to do whatís right to fix things.
    You are able to make some progress so focus on that?

Re your phone; I am always checking mine. Sometimes I absent-mindedly pick the damn thing up and start tapping and I have no idea why. I've taken to leaving it upstairs so it's out of sight. Maybe try this?

But yep today the funny feeling in my jaw or face is making me worry about strokes ect. What scares me is being human so many health things can happen so that worries me
    It's not a stroke Phil. I have jaw issues (Pulisa will tell you) I'm not just saying this. And it's because I tense the crap out of my jaw..

Being human is also what makes you able to enjoy your gigs. You just need to remember to focus on the good things too...

I know I have myself to blame but I gambled last week one day and today and felt awful anxiety off balance tension headache after losing money. The heat also caused an attack like this at work. I had been doing well not gambling much but I seem to relapse and it feels worse very time when I lose money. I guess I wonder if anybody here suffered any kind of addiction was it hard to beat? I lost over £140 pounds in a week yet I am sitting at home saying I can’t afford to do much with my wife :/

Page 128 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast

Thread Information