Page 127 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1505

Thread: Bad anxiety

Re: Bad anxiety

I am obsessed with pinching nerves right now. I was shaving some sides and went over top of my head and felt a tingle in my head last night Iím paranoid the razor has pinched that nerve in my head. I already get leg pains or the backside which I also blame on a pinched nerve. I am hoping these pinched nerves donít do me any long term damage?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I am obsessed with pinching nerves right now. I was shaving some sides and went over top of my head and felt a tingle in my head last night I’m paranoid the razor has pinched that nerve in my head. I already get leg pains or the backside which I also blame on a pinched nerve. I am hoping these pinched nerves don’t do me any long term damage?
    Phil, you're clearly spiralling. This is a non-issue. Back in the day when, I went through my less feminine phases, I used to have my hair shaved up the sides and back and my head tingled for days afterwards..

Hairs contain nerve endings, so they will tingle when cut/pulled, but neither would cause any long term damage we wouldn't shave or cut our hair if we did.

Pro cyclist's shave their legs, so when the wind hits them at the speed their going, it reduces bodies sensitivity to the lower temperature and prevents the body from reacting to the cold as much. Like lowering blood flows from the surface of the skin. This would reduce the cyclist's performance.

I am obsessed with pinching nerves right now. I was shaving some sides and went over top of my head and felt a tingle in my head last night I’m paranoid the razor has pinched that nerve in my head. I already get leg pains or the backside which I also blame on a pinched nerve. I am hoping these pinched nerves don’t do me any long term damage?
    Are you stressed from booking those holidays?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Are you stressed from booking those holidays?
    My wife’s driving test got cancelled and rearranged to the holiday either cancel it or move it or wait to December. Such a backlog due to covid won’t be until 2024 before you can get a test quick. My wife has to wait six months between resists this is causing a lot of anxiety. Also the fact my my backside pain is taking ages to go away this is stressing me. I worry every day about dying so this makes me anxious. Every day I feel is a threat. I am really struggling with physical pains right now and anxiety. Maybe I need to do more to relax my anxiety.

Maybe you can't and need to see your psychiatrist again so that he/she can reassess you and decide whether risperidone is still an appropriate choice of medication?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Maybe you can't and need to see your psychiatrist again so that he/she can reassess you and decide whether risperidone is still an appropriate choice of medication?
    I have been a bit moody due to the pains. I had been progressing with anxiety then Iíve been worried about pains. I canít believe these pains can be caused by a mattress. Itís been a worry for weeks now. I had noticed some days itís better but I feel the anxiety mouthing you again. I went out today and felt spaced out and anxious after a panic attack so really struggling with the physical sensations. I think the pain is something awful. If I have a panic attack I think thatís something awful? How can I relax? My wife was away a few days and I was relaxed sometimes arguing with my wife is making me more anxious too?

Could your bum cheek pain be your Piriformis muscle. I'm not medically trained but this muscle is sometimes tight for me and I have to do stretches to stop it being so tight and hurting. I can feel when it's tight when I move or sometimes sitting down or standing.
    The physio gave me some exercises to do and I have to do clamshell stretches and if needed have to use a massage ball to release tension in the muscle. You can find videos on YouTube about how to use the massage ball. This seems to help this pain for me.
    If it is this it's just tightening of the muscle and it can cause pain down the leg and foot as the sciatic nerve may be irritated. Sometimes resting or sitting down for long periods of time also don't help to make this muscle feel better and can sometimes be made worse from moving. However the exercises and strengthening the muscle and hip/back muscles can help to reduce this pain. So I'd keep up with your exercises as this may help.
    I just wanted to add that this muscle is usually only tight on one side, so you usually get pain in one cheek and not the other but it is good to exercise both sides. It can be caused through sitting down for long periods of time and mine is usually worse after I've spent a lot of time sitting
    Last edited by Cconnie; 06-07-22 at 00:55.

My wife has to wait six months between resists this is causing a lot of anxiety.
    Anxiety for her or you?

Also the fact my my backside pain is taking ages to go away this is stressing me. I worry every day about dying so this makes me anxious. Every day I feel is a threat. I am really struggling with physical pains right now and anxiety. Maybe I need to do more to relax my anxiety.
    You literally keep saying that you 'can't believe these pains can be caused by a mattress'..

A mattress can cause pain anywhere in the body due to lack of support or being too firm. There's also the matter of 'referred pain'. People are different weights and require different mattresses (soft, medium or hard)

However, it's my guess that your 'pain' is more psychological than it is physical as anxiety amplifies and exaggerates minor aches & pains. Studies have shown that people with chronic anxiety take longer to heal wounds and to recover from illnesses compared to people who do not suffer from anxiety. This is the science so you would be helping yourself enormously by calming yourself down..

Every day is a threat as far as your inbuilt alarm system (fight or flight)is concerned because you keep triggering it with your imagination...

My wife was away a few days and I was relaxed sometimes arguing with my wife is making me more anxious too?

Maybe your wife benefitted from those few days away from you too? We only ever see your side but what you do (and think) affects her. This isn't just your life; it's hers too. Do you ever consider this?

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Anxiety for her or you?

You literally keep saying that you 'can't believe these pains can be caused by a mattress'..

A mattress can cause pain anywhere in the body due to lack of support or being too firm. There's also the matter of 'referred pain'. People are different weights and require different mattresses (soft, medium or hard)

However, it's my guess that your 'pain' is more psychological than it is physical as anxiety amplifies and exaggerates minor aches & pains. Studies have shown that people with chronic anxiety take longer to heal wounds and to recover from illnesses compared to people who do not suffer from anxiety. This is the science so you would be helping yourself enormously by calming yourself down..

Every day is a threat as far as your inbuilt alarm system (fight or flight)is concerned because you keep triggering it with your imagination...

Maybe your wife benefitted from those few days away from you too? We only ever see your side but what you do (and think) affects her. This isn't just your life; it's hers too. Do you ever consider this?
    Yes I think the anxiety is causing pains. I had pain in my jaw today so I googled strokes and I went back to gambling to make me feel better. My wife doesn’t understand my anxiety so it’s better she stays out of it as often she makes it worse or makes me panic more. I am battling a health anxiety right now you may remember a few weeks ago it was agrophobia before ocd. It bounces about I stopped having ocd I then stopped worrying my about going out.

I spent way too much time in the house I know that’s an issue. Often I go to gigs and spent £100+ I said to my wife perhaps I need to do more cheap things like cinema or meals out to I can actually get out the house more often. At home I’m just getting sucked into in health anxiety pains gambling and all sorts downing too much caffeine drinks. What frustrates me is I get rid of one element of anxiety maybe ocd and then the next one comes? Rather than them all going away.

Going outside is a threat to me right now I don’t feel safe. I feel better when working but on breaks going to the shop I feel awful. I blame covid as I spent more time at home and working one less day means the home is more comfortable. The pains often vanish for short periods if I have something else on my mind so as you say anxiety can be playing a big part. I am not really sure what I am anxious about to be honest. News, covid, money has played a part what I’m reading on my phone but perhaps the threat to me isn’t there when outside. I want to be able to beat this anxiety but it’s difficult. I probably sound repetitive I think one of the issues is too much time at home. This week me and my wife are on holiday but not M in cash to do much as I say bigger events cost more less money for other days. I did go a walk yesterday which was free and not an expensive day. I hope to take a short walk today. I tried getting into streaming services but I get distracted easily. As I said many times here I can’t put my phone down for 5 minutes. What I’m digesting on news and social media could be fuelling my fear I’ve tried to look at other stuff online but I give up easily. Some days I make progress but other days I slip back into old habits and just don’t have that Will power to do what’s right to fix things.

But yep today the funny feeling in my jaw or face is making me worry about strokes ect. What scares me is being human so many health things can happen so that worries me
    Last edited by phil06; 06-07-22 at 14:59.

Page 127 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast

Thread Information