Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discomfort right side ? Liver

Re: Discomfort right side ? Liver

Quote Originally Posted by hope4tomorrow View Post
    Hi there. I have had right side discomfort for about two years chronically and spells of it for much longer than that. I can't really tolerate a bra for long periods because it presses on my rib cage. I have been taking 20 mg omeprazole, but doctors have given me 40 mg in the past. I also have the lump in the throat feeling, burping and burning mouth. So, it sounds like reflux, but the PPI doesn't really help too much. An EGD that I had in 2012 showed minor inflammation , but the GI doctor wanted me to take buspar or amitriplyine in addition to the omeprazole and I didn't want to do that. I do have stressors (my son is severely autistic and has epilepsy), so I think they feel all is down to anxiety. Over the years, when the symptoms seemed worse, I had ultrasounds, chest/rib x-rays, laryngoscopy and a barium swallow, but these didn't show anything.

I sometimes wonder if the omeprazole is causing the right side issues as it does constipate me. Or it could be some sort of costochrondritis. I know it is very aggravating, but I just deal with it most of the time. So, you're not alone.
    Thank you for your reply, sorry you are experiencing the same. I had a few days of feeling much better, even looking better but couple of days ago felt the tightness - yes, shedding the bra as soon as I got indoors again - and nausea, which is pretty intense 2 days on, Omeprazole doesn't relieve it at all, tonight I am very flushed too. Have still not had any response from GP in relation to my blood results, so on Tuesday will be back on to them again. It actually settled on the triple therapy. Take care, good job we all can support each other!

Re: Discomfort right side ? Liver

Quote Originally Posted by Cusper View Post
    Hi DL45,

I just wanted to reach out to you because I have been following your post on this the last week or so because I have been struggling with the same issue. I gained a ton of weight during the pandemic and was drinking too much as well. I finally sorted out the drinking 4 months ago but still ate junk until I began getting that pain right under my right rib into my back. I was also experiencing some worrying symptoms like really itchy hands and feet which I thought was liver or diabetes or both. So I cut out all sugar. But I was in panic mode and ended up losing 18 pounds in a month and a half from no sugar and anxiety.
    However after cutting out the sugar my itchy hands and feet disappeared after about a month but the rib pain continued. At that point I was convinced it was the end for me. I had been so bad during COVID, eating garbage and drinking wine, not exercising. Then comes googling. Google told me that was also it for me and I had a number of terminal diseases which I won't mention. I thought possibly that it could be gallstones only I wasn't having attacks that were excruciating pain. Anyhow I went and got blood tests. No one called me and so I knew they were ok. So today I got an ultrasound and it came back clear of anything. The doctor said if the pain gets worse they will get a scope but suggested that it could be related to the spine being misaligned. This is not surprising to me because years ago I had similar symptoms on my left side and had to see a chiropractor. So for the time being I am contented with that. I was sure my liver was dead after all the junk even though I didn't have the other symptoms related to that. Anyhow I just wanted to reach out to you because your thread really helped me. I am a long time health anxiety/OCD sufferer. So it looks like I am getting a therapist. I don't want to get all worked up like this, it's ridiculous. And google is a *******. No more. Please keep us updated.
    Thank you for your reply. I am sorry that you have been going through this too! Amazingly I felt better once I was told the bloods were normal, no follow up required, but I have tried to get to speak to my GP to go through the bloods and look at a plan forward but this is still outstanding - communication isn't the best in covid times! Felt much better for a few days but have been struggling the last 48hrs with intense nausea, not getting any relief from Omeprazole, so I think perhaps a scan may help to just settle my anxiety, which is beginning to rear up again! Take good care - I hope your therapist is able to help you manage your anxiety better!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information