Hi

After being plagued ectopics during my last pregnancy and following several EGGS, event monitors, holters and an echo I was diagnosed with PVCS and PACS.

However, about 18 months ago I started feel a fluttering sensation in my chest and when i checked my pulse it was hammering away. I saw my Dr who knew of my history and said it could have been and SVT and she referred me back to cardiology. Another 24hr holter with one ectopic and the cardiologist said as I was so anxious they'd give me a 7 day monitor. This caught nothing untoward. Fast forward to now and in the last month or so I have started getting much more frequent ectopics and, more disturbingly, this intense fluttery feeling in my chest. I have been very very stressed of late with work, children and two deaths of close relatives in my family so I know that can trigger things but I also seem to get them around my period, etc. So wondering whether hormones may have something to do with it...i am wondering I'm perimenopausal as I'm 42 and have other symptoms of that...

Anyway, I had another scary episode today where I was just sat at my desk watching a video clip and all of a sudden I started getting this huge fluttering in my chest. I immediately jumped up and felt my pulse and it was hammering away really fast. It was regular but very fast. It didn't stop so I did a big cough and it went back to normal. It must have lasted less than 10 seconds but I had a similar episode last month so now I'm really scared.

I just wondered if anyone else gets this and whether it sounds like an SVT?