Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to ignore fast heartrate

Re: How to ignore fast heartrate

Same here. All the crap I was putting into my body and I never once had anxiety over it. I was just chasing the biggest high I could get. Thinking back on it now I have no idea how I could do that. And wish I never would have. Bet my life would have been a whole lot different. It’s even caused me to struggle with taking prescribed meds. Can’t take AD’s. Can’t even have a drink socially with friends without inducing panicky feelings. It’s crazy how much an event 25 years ago still affects me today. And I haven’t quite figured out yet how to stop it.

sorry for taking over your thread WI - I was glad to read that your episode passed!

It's ok, keep talking It's cool reading these responses. I've never done any drugs apart from cannabis. My friend on the other hand was like you both. He never had anxiety, but he developed it after he quit drugs. My anxiety did get worse when I quit alcohol.

I can relate to the length of time having these problems though. Mine started at 17, I'll be 37 this year. It sucks to think I've lived 20 years this way, but I know anxiety has had lots of positive effects on my life. For example, I'm so afraid of drugs I've never toughed them. So that's a plus. Having agoraphobia and fear of the outdoors means I've spent a lot of my time reading and studying.

In a way it's been both a blessing, and a curse.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

My anxiety didn't start after I quite coke tbh, it was years later.....almost a decade. The drugs are just a layer of stress you put your body under.

I can't say I regret taking them, but I do know it affected my relationship with other people.

In any case, I don't take drugs any more, don't drink, don't smoke and don't miss any of it ever. I don't understand why people find it so hard to live without booze. Even when I'm out with friends I don't drink and don't feel the need to. It has zero draw to me any more at all.

Anyway, agoraphobia. It passes bud. You're just still in a phase where you're looking for solutions to the anxiety instead of embracing it. It's part of everybody, it's just the individuals relationship with it that causes the issue.

I feel the same about alcohol. It has no attraction. But when you're in the thick of an alcohol problem it's hard to see that. Everything is perception and the way you perceive a situation.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Everything is perception and the way you perceive a situation.

I was just awoken in a nasty panic attack and racing heart, Omg that was horrible.

I remember in my dream I was running away fast. Then suddenly my Dad rugby tackled me to the floor. I don't recall if I was running from police, people or both.

I suddenly woke up. First thing I did while still in this asleep state was reach for my pulse. I felt it was fast, freaked out, and it went super high.

I'm on meds, yet I'm having nasty panics - at least I hope they're anxiety.

Within 15 minutes my HR has returned to normal but I'm shaken.

I had to pop a valium that time.

☪️️

But this is normal for anxiety. Meds don't stop panic attacks and never will.

Get up, have a piss, wait for it to pass. It always does.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    But this is normal for anxiety. Meds don't stop panic attacks and never will.

Get up, have a piss, wait for it to pass. It always does.
    At this point I see no purpose in taking them because I'm back square 1. They're c**p. Make me feel sleepy all the time. What a hole I've dug.

And yes I remember being warned of this.

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    At this point I see no purpose in taking them because I'm back square 1. They're c**p. Make me feel sleepy all the time. What a hole I've dug.

And yes I remember being warned of this.
    Well, back in the day I mentioned that medication serves a purpose, but it also alleviates the need for people to find their own way, and live WITH the symptoms. It's not right or wrong, there are just pro's and cons to both ways I guess.

And by living 'with' the symptoms, I mean accepting them. The curious paradox being that learning to live with a perfectly normal bodily reaction (anxiety and panic), reduces the symptoms anyway.

So, did you read the Joe Dispenza books? I think they'll be very helpful to you. Obviously there is a lot of BS included in them, but there is also fundamental truth about the human mental condition too.

To put it brutally and somewhat simplified -

We are where we are because that is where we have chosen and practiced being. When I look at my own life, I can only nod in agreement to my summary of the books lol.

Listening to You Are a Placebo right now

☪️️

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information