Thread: Pain in chest with ectopics - not sure if esophageal spasm?

Pain in chest with ectopics - not sure if esophageal spasm?

Just wondering if anyone here has had pain with ectopic beats or if anyone here has been diagnosed with esophagus spasms? I have a hiatal hernia and I am used to reflux related chest pain and ectopics especially after eating spicy food. I just try to ignore it usually.

However last night something scared me. I ate spicy food and I noticed that once or twice, my chest would hurt then I would get a sudden thump or ectopic and the pain would suddenly stop right afterwards. Now I’m really scared the pain is cardiac related instead of ulcer, but then I also wondered if it could be an esophageal spasm - it only lasted a few seconds though and I read esophageal spasms last a few minutes usually, wondering if someone could someone weigh in on this? I also remember a doctor in a&e telling me that sudden pains in the heart that only last a few seconds are rare and most cardiac pain is crushing and lasts over 15 minutes to hours. My esophagus was irritated from the spicy food last night so I am trying to think logically and put it down to that, or that maybe the pain and ectopics just happened to occur at the same time.

For some background I am only 27 and I had horrible health anxiety just over two years ago with dozens of A&E visits and had various ecgs and scans and echos done, every time they would come back fine, they said my heart was perfectly healthy. Basically all my ectopics, chest pain etc were caused by a hiatal hernia.

Tonight I was considering going to a&e but the chest pain only lasted a couple seconds and only occurred twice last night (woke up fine) I’ve had lots of ectopics with no pain, like I normally do. It was just these two ectopics last night that felt painful somehow. I am sad because this was my 2 year anniversary of no more a&e visits and I can feel my health anxiety creeping back up on me :( I’m sorry for this long post but I am crying my eyes out with fear right now.
    Last edited by peachy123; 19-03-21 at 20:36.

Re: Pain in chest with ectopics - not sure if esophageal spasm?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information