Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello! New Health Anxiety sufferer here, looking for some fellow advice! 💓

Re: Hello! New Health Anxiety sufferer here, looking for some fellow advice! 💓

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Check THIS out.

Positive thoughts
    i think this is the same link you posted previously, did you mean to link something else?

Quote Originally Posted by *anxious_mari* View Post
    i think this is the same link you posted previously, did you mean to link something else?
    No I meant to post that. You asked the same question. I responded with the same answer. Use that list and keep a food journal. Cut back/eliminate foods that cause a reaction. Some that are on the NO list might be Ok and visa versa. My wife and I have been following it for years. We take a PPI and eat healthy. The FODMAP diet has helped us tremendously.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    No I meant to post that. You asked the same question. I responded with the same answer. Use that list and keep a food journal. Cut back/eliminate foods that cause a reaction. Some that are on the NO list might be Ok and visa versa. My wife and I have been following it for years. We take a PPI and eat healthy. The FODMAP diet has helped us tremendously.

FMP
    Ahh okay, thanks for clarifying! I will try this out in the meantime.

thank you for the stool color warning! Luckily, I read the back of the Pepto bismuth bottle to see that warning, and was prepared when my stool has been black for the past two days. I think it can also color your tongue too, as that happened to my brother in the past when we were kids 藍

I woke up feeling better this morning. I’ve also been having an appetite as well. Just not sure if i should rush into my normal diet or not. I will try what you mention!

Also, really interesting with the orange juice idea, I’m assuming that’s for electrolytes.
    I'm glad you're feeling better!
    I'd recommend keeping an eye on any symptoms while slowly getting back into your regular diet. c:

Yeah, I've gotten a couple of scares before after eating liquorice or blueberries before knowing they can affect stool colour.

Maybe that and also to ensure you get vitamins and salt into your system (as well as stay hydrated, which is always important).

Quote Originally Posted by Tindra View Post
    I'm glad you're feeling better!
    I'd recommend keeping an eye on any symptoms while slowly getting back into your regular diet. c:

Yeah, I've gotten a couple of scares before after eating liquorice or blueberries before knowing they can affect stool colour.

Maybe that and also to ensure you get vitamins and salt into your system (as well as stay hydrated, which is always important).
    so, the diarrhea had stopped. the stomach noises remained for a bit. I’ve just been eating the BRAT diet in the meantime. I’ve noticed my stools have been more yellow than usual. So I’m hoping to stay on the BRAT diet until the noises and stool color goes back to normal. Any ideas what’s causing the yellow stools? I normally have a range of yellow to brown. Whenever I have these flares, they tend to be more on the yellow side than usual.

I'm glad you're doing better (again)!
    I'm not 100% sure about the yellow but it's most likely just due to change of diet and/or anxiety/stress, especially if it's something that tends to happen during flare ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Tindra View Post
    I'm glad you're doing better (again)!
    I'm not 100% sure about the yellow but it's most likely just due to change of diet and/or anxiety/stress, especially if it's something that tends to happen during flare ups.
    thanks again for the advices

I thought I would update.

so I actually eventually went back to a brown color.

I noticed that when I ate more protein (which slows down my digestion) I actually had a more brown colored stool.

if I only eat fiberous foods like veggies and carbs, etc; it’s when I get the weird colors and faster digestion.

I also ate a lot of chocolate colored foods one day (chocolate protein pancakes, chocolate protein shake, chocolate candy, and chocolate icecream) and it kept my stool a brown color.

im beginning to think foods are a hit and miss for me. Sometimes they will cause problems and other times they don’t.

I still have avoided beans since I’m scared to go back.

thanks again for the advices

I thought I would update.

so I actually eventually went back to a brown color.

I noticed that when I ate more protein (which slows down my digestion) I actually had a more brown colored stool.

if I only eat fiberous foods like veggies and carbs, etc; it’s when I get the weird colors and faster digestion.

I also ate a lot of chocolate colored foods one day (chocolate protein pancakes, chocolate protein shake, chocolate candy, and chocolate icecream) and it kept my stool a brown color.

im beginning to think foods are a hit and miss for me. Sometimes they will cause problems and other times they don’t.

I still have avoided beans since I’m scared to go back.
    That's great news!
    Yeah, food sure can be a fickle thing sometimes. I wish you the best!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information