Thread: PVC's worse a whole day after stress was high

PVC's worse a whole day after stress was high

I had a very high stress day yesterday finding out my dad's full cancer diagnosis. Yesterday I had my normal amount which has def increased this past month period. But today they are terrible. I just had an ECG which was perfect, a good listen by a cardiologist, a holter still waiting for results. Cardiologist instructed me to ignore that my heart is fine and these cannot hurt me. He set up an echo for early April more so for me to feel full confident. However today they are so bad I cannot ignore them. But I am scared to take the beta blockers just for symptoms control. Does anyone find theirs are bad a day or two later when they actually feel calm? And anyone on beta blockers have already low resting HR? Mine is low 60s and I dont want it to get too low by taking them.

Re: PVC's worse a whole day after stress was high

Yes, identical to me Serina - it is after the 'situation' that mine are notable for quite a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by serina View Post
    However today they are so bad I cannot ignore them.
    Why are you judging something that you have been told is medically insignificant as 'bad'?

It's the way you're looking at them that is the problem. It's like being scared of sweating when you're hot or feeling hungry when you haven't eaten. It's just something our bodies can do under certain situations.

Maybe try telling yourself that you have been tested and told that you're not in danger. Tell yourself hundreds of times if necessary.

It's far better to try and live with something than prevent/hide/change/avoid/fix/cure it.

AnkietyJoe is right, and it makes perfect sense the advice you are given there. Your body reacts to anxiety and stress in a certain way, its benign, and is nothing more than what is 'expected'. Its not dangerous,so accepting it is there and is nothing more than 'there' is the way to go. I didn't want to comment on the betablocker issue originally, as that is your choice entirely, but if it was me I'd rather not put medicines into my body for something that is 'solveable' just by changing the way you think about it. At some point you have to come to acceptance point and see these are insignificant, and covering it up now will only do two things - firstly make you think its something 'medical' that needs medication and secondly prolong your acceptance, and your ability to work through it. They may still happen, the ectopics, or certainly when you stop the betablockers they will happen, and you will be no further along with reassuring yourself.

Thank you both for your very good input. I am doing my best to look at them like nothing more than a hiccup. I have stopped taking my pulse when they happen and sort of just try and go about my business during a run of them. I def know my digestion is the big trigger so I think for now getting healthier makes the most sense. I am going to avoid the Beta Blockers as like you said why take them for it unless it is medically necassary.

Thread Information