Thread: Respiration Rate Oximeter Accuracy?

Respiration Rate Oximeter Accuracy?

I'm not sure what to think of this, but the RR reading thing on the oximeter has me gone a bit OCD now. I'm on Half-Beta Prograne 80mg, so not sure if that has an effect on this, I know it slows your heart rate down but not sure about RR reading.

So, I'm 33 F, Hypothyroid (on Eltroxin 50mcg for it though) and I'm use to my heart rate sometimes going into the 50's, but this RR thing has gotten me a bit worked up at the moment. It says the reading for a normal adult is between 12-20. However, I took mine through the oximeter and it's reading 10, at one point it read 7. Now, this got me really panicked, and I don't honestly know what to think of it.

Can someone please tell me what's going on? I'm really anxious about this.

Re: Respiration Rate Oximeter Accuracy?

Why do you have this and checking it?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Why do you have this and checking it?
    Took the type out of my fingers....

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Ok so call a doctor and get it checked out

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

That's probably what I'll do.

Not to mention a twitch/spasm in my upper stomach area that comes and goes every so often. Not painful, just uncomfortable. Could be down to what I had earlier in the week with the diarrhea, or wind/gas thing.
    Last edited by mischamoonlight; 21-03-21 at 00:29.

Why are you self checking and why are you using the O2 meter? Sounds to me you're creating and feeding your anxiety.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

It’s time to put away whatever that machine is you’re using to get these readings. It’s keeping you in a heightened state of anxiety and isn’t letting you move past your current fears.

I speak from experience lol. I have an Apple Watch but I’ve also been known to have heart obsession issues. There are times I just have to turn off the watch and put it away so that I’m not constantly focusing on my heart rate. The last couple days my anxiety has been high, which as a result makes my heart rate high. Then I worry about the heart rate and it’s a vicious circle.

put away the machine and forget about it.

@glassgirlw Yeah, that's what I've done, hopefully it will help. Sorry to hear you're anxiety has been high, it's never a good feeling, and we always worry about our heart. Hope you're feeling better though!

Yep I’m good for now! But as is typical of our crazy HA minds, I’m sure it will circle back around at some point. We just have to learn to live with it and acceptance when it happens!

Thread Information