Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm back..😢

Re: I'm back..😢

Quote Originally Posted by Amaajovich View Post
    My tinnitus is back with a vengeance
    I too experience tinnitus with my anxiety. It seems to get worse as my anxiety gets worse as well as my head pressure symptom. My little google mini in my room has been great since I found out it can be used as a noise machine. The rain sounds help me sleep.

Day 9 10mg
    Still feeling rubbish. Anxiety at a high throughout the day and rises still throughout the evening. I think this has more to do with knowing I will get a rubbish sleep if tinnitus kicks in. I'v got a face to face app with my doctor on Thursday so will definately ask about something to help ease this. She seems a little hesitant to prescribe anything more as I had to fight to get just 9 zopiclone. At only 3.75 strength they help me drop off but not stay asleep all night 😢 and with only 9 Im afraid of taking them all too soon and running out. I won't be prescribed more I have been told, mainly because of the added problem of weaning off them. At this stage I couldn't really care. I need sleep. I'm willing to take anything to knock me out!

Quote Originally Posted by KHPanic View Post
    I too experience tinnitus with my anxiety. It seems to get worse as my anxiety gets worse as well as my head pressure symptom. My little google mini in my room has been great since I found out it can be used as a noise machine. The rain sounds help me sleep.
    I'm so sorry, It's awful isn't it? Iv never actually had tinnitus with anxiety before so this is new to me. I am still thinking it's maybe a eustachian tube dysfunction as I get pain below my ear 🤔 where my jaw is. I wonder what the pressure feeling is all about as is that a usual symptom for tinnitus as I didn't think it was? To me it seems more of an infection. I maybe wrong.
    I use a fan in my room as the noise helps cancel out the tinnitus to a degree...last night it didn't, my tinnitus was really bad.😢

I don't think the pressure is from the tinnitus, for me anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if the tinnitus is from the pressure though. It's part of my anxiety/side effect of fluoxetine that I pretty much have a constant tension headache. I have to constantly remind myself to relax my neck/shoulders.

She seems a little hesitant to prescribe anything more as I had to fight to get just 9 zopiclone. At only 3.75 strength they help me drop off but not stay asleep all night 😢 and with only 9 Im afraid of taking them all too soon and running out. I won't be prescribed more I have been told, mainly because of the added problem of weaning off them
    Just as with the benzodiazepines tolerance to the 'Z' hypnotics can build quickly as they target the same receptors/binding sites. It can happen in as little as a couple of weeks so a prescription for more zopiclone may not have helped that much.

Day 11 10mg How can my mood change from one day to the next as drastically as it has done today. Yesterday was a good day. No sound in my ears, mood was good and I felt a sense of normality. (Only slight feelings of unease for a few moments here and there) but generally had a good day with my two girls, then today anxiety is back full force. Feeling extremely tired, down and very panicky. I had an appointment with my doctor today and she referred me to see the ENT at hospital as an urgent referral. Still getting pain in my ear (or rather inside my head on left side behind my ear) full feeling, stating my anxious state and mental health being severely impacted. Hissing/buzzing and whistling and lack of sleep. She gave me my first lot of antibiotics today so I'm hoping they might help 👍
    Spent the rest of the day in anxiety and I thought seeing the doctor would help me feel at ease today 😢.
    I get a phone call teatime from my doctors surgery to tell me the doctor at the hospital has downgraded my referral to non-urgent so won't be seen for weeks now. I'm gutted 😢 how can someone who's mental health is impacted so much by a condition be non urgent?

So sorry to hear :/ Sadly mental health is not taken as seriously as it should be. I know my mood can change several times in a day. Lately my mood has been pretty good in the morning but gets worse as the days goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Just as with the benzodiazepines tolerance to the 'Z' hypnotics can build quickly as they target the same receptors/binding sites. It can happen in as little as a couple of weeks so a prescription for more zopiclone may not have helped that much.
    I am trying to manage without taking these I still have 4 left. If I can get my anxiety levels under control I think I'd sleep longer. I don't really have a problem initially dropping off, just staying asleep is my concern and zopiclone aren't really helping with that side of things anyway.
    Day 13 10mg
    Another good day yesterday and today again not so good. Anxiety is all over the place. I have started getting a really strange feeling of things not feeling 'real', like im in such a haze I can't focus and I feel ungrounded and almost like I'm stuck in a fog. I have this on my bad days. Yesterday was fine. Today feels 'unreal'.
    Actually managed to nod off without the sound of the fan last night as the whistling wasn't so bad. A shhhhhhh sound in my ear though today which is causing my anxiety now. Iv almost convinced myself I'm losing my hearing slowly in that ear and a raging infection is causing it. My hearing not so good in that ear iv noticed. Remind me never to Google symptoms. I'm lay in the bath feeling absolutely crap I just want to feel normal again.
    Last edited by Amaajovich; 03-04-21 at 14:54.

Quote Originally Posted by KHPanic View Post
    So sorry to hear :/ Sadly mental health is not taken as seriously as it should be. I know my mood can change several times in a day. Lately my mood has been pretty good in the morning but gets worse as the days goes on.
    It's disgusting how mental health is not taken as seriously as it should be. I am a little shocked how the doctor just brushed all the symptoms aside and made it low priority. Yet I understand people have more serious conditions going on and the hospital are extremely busy. Im the same as I feel ok upon getting up (depending on my night's sleep) then start getting flutters of anxiety in the afternoon which can turn to dread in the evening.

I have started getting a really strange feeling of things not feeling 'real', like im in such a haze I can't focus and I feel ungrounded and almost like I'm stuck in a fog. I have this on my bad days. Yesterday was fine. Today feels 'unreal'.
    I get this too. It's called Depersonalization/Derealization. It's thought to be a defense mechanism your brain has to help keep you safe from overwhelming feelings or events. I'm just now starting to come out of it 3 months and some change after my last panic attack. It's terrifying and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

As much as mental health isn't taken seriously we're lucky to be where we are in history. In the not too distant past we'd all have to suffer in silence, get drugged up to our eyeballs, or locked away to have holes drilled in our heads. It's getting better at least.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information