Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2nd dose of vaccine swollen lymph node

Re: 2nd dose of vaccine swollen lymph node

here it is!! From Mayo Clinic which is one of the most trusted cancer centers here in the states, so I feel like it’s a reliable source. Mayo isn’t specifically recommending to hold off on mammograms but they do say to make sure and tell your radiologist if you’ve had the vaccine and in what arm - so they know to expect the swollen lymph nodes if seen on the scan.
    Yeah, I like Mayoclinic, have read lots of their stuff over the years. Most interesting, if anything as reassurance that raised lymph nodes are to be expected as part of the response.

I took moderna first dose last week. Feeling tenderness in armpit on the same arm now 7 days later. Thanks for sharing your issue.

Checking in to say that I have a swollen node in my armpit after Moderna first dose. I noticed it along with a rash at the injection site about 8 days after the dose. The rash faded pretty quickly, but the node is still painfully swollen two weeks after it started. It is uncomfortable physically and make me anxious, but the doctor says it is normal. I have the second dose end of next week and wonder if it will extend this. I'm going to ask if I should get the second dose in the other arm, but then I might be waiting for two nodes to resolve. Ugh... This is one side effect that I did not want, though I am still glad to get the vaccine. My husband and son did not have this, though the doctor injected my son in the thigh as he has severe autism and wouldn't let her jab his arm.

Got my 2nd shot yesterday. Now experiencing the same lymph node swelling on my neck after 24hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by nhelen79 View Post
    Got my 2nd shot yesterday. Now experiencing the same lymph node swelling on my neck after 24hrs.
    Hi I had a ultrasound on my neck and he wasn't concerned he said nothing suspicious just lymph node, it has definitely gone down but I think they can take a while, I'm sure yours will go down, try not to keep touching as it will make in more swollen, take care toria x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information