Thread: Armpit pain

Armpit pain

Havent been on here for a good year. I've ve been really good at coping with my anxiety demons, it's still a long road ahead!

For I'd say 10 days I've been having a pain on my right side of my chest, almost my right breast. It started as breast pain, and I thought its just my period, it'll go. It was intermittent through the day and just come and gone as the day went on.

It's now travelled to my armpit. But I've noticed the last couple of days it's actually when I swallow food or drink that it occurs. Its gotten no better, but also not worse.
    Feel like I'm spiralling a little because what started off with with thinking maybe hormones or a muscle issue is now being twisted to maybe I've got a lump near my throat and it's referred pain from it.

Re: Armpit pain

Hiyer, how are you feeling now, I see its a few days since you posted ?

I have been spiralling over almost the exact same thing for weeks. For me, the sensation I feel moves around - sometimes the side of my breast near my armpit, sometimes the front of my armpit sometimes the back.
    I keep reading that if there is a real problem the pain would stay in one spot and be constant....Neither of us have that. I keep telling myself that if the sensation is not in the same spot and is not constant that it has to be anxiety. Our mind is an amazing (and slightly terrifying) thing. It really can produce sensations and feelings based on what you’re worried about.
    I hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Hiyer, how are you feeling now, I see its a few days since you posted ?
    Erm pain is still there. I actually think I've pulled something when the pain initially started and it might be happening now because I can't stop thinking of it when I eat. I don't think I have it when I don't think about it.

Sorry you've been going through this! Yeah mine moved around a lot at the start and now it's my armpit but when I swollow. Think it's actually all in my head because I'm 99% certain it's not there when I don't think of it. You're right our mind is amazing but slightly terrifying!

Thread Information