Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bristol protests

Re: Bristol protests

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Higher concentration of BLM supporters?
    I did wonder that, even though said protests aren't specifically BLM-related, but the usual rabble-rousing, baying mobs of extremists who just wanted another fight with the Old Bill (no pun intended).

I read that some who were involved last night were allegedly also involved last Sunday and Tuesday.

Although I'm baffled as to why it's concentrated on Bristol specifically, I'm glad that it still hasn't kicked off elsewhere in the UK so far, and really hope it doesn't.

In our local rag the other day a local MP tried to put the record straight by saying that contrary to popular myth and numerous misinformation currently doing the rounds, this forthcoming Bill doesn't ban absolutely all protests and demos outright, and certainly not 'peaceful' ones, but it seeks to criminalise 'unlawful' ones and those of the most riotous and destructive nature, where it poses a significant threat to public order and safety.

Mostly targeting the serial 'hooligan' elements I think, which I am largely in favour of, even though it might not always be practicable to enforce in certain instances.

There was another protest in Bristol yesterday, and also another last Tuesday (30th March), but the BBC appear to have kept both lower-key compared to previous related protests.

It was mentioned very briefly that there have been similar 'Kill The Bill' protests in other major cities (including London and Birmingham), but they didn't specify the dates, neither was there a dickie bird about the Birmingham protest on the West Midlands news section of the BBC website over the past week or two, or the past 24 hours.

Perhaps it's just as well they've been kept low-key, as not to provoke another August 2011, but I'm still miffed as to why Bristol has been specifically singled out, if related protests have also occurred in other major cities.

Definitely not London-centric for once, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    There was another protest in Bristol yesterday, and also another last Tuesday (30th March), but the BBC appear to have kept both lower-key compared to previous related protests.

It was mentioned very briefly that there have been similar 'Kill The Bill' protests in other major cities (including London and Birmingham), but they didn't specify the dates, neither was there a dickie bird about the Birmingham protest on the West Midlands news section of the BBC website over the past week or two, or the past 24 hours.

Perhaps it's just as well they've been kept low-key, as not to provoke another August 2011, but I'm still miffed as to why Bristol has been specifically singled out, if related protests have also occurred in other major cities.

Definitely not London-centric for once, though!
    Famous last words, the BBC are now covering the London protest, but still haven't as yet elaborated on the KTB protests in the other areas outside both London and Bristol, which I don't know as to whether is a good or bad thing.

Still not a peep about the situation in the West Midlands on the BBC's news page for Birmingham and the Black Country, nor any reports of any such protests in my county of Staffordshire so far, in the 'Stoke and Staffordshire' sub-section.

Surprised BLM, XR, EDL, etc, still haven't kicked off as yet!

Although I don't wish to tempt fate by saying this, there have been no reports of any further Kill The Bill protests over the past 10 days, neither in Bristol nor elsewhere.

Though as seen with last year's BLM protests and the XR protests the year before (2019), they seem to be randomly intermittent and sporadic.

Also, thankfully, there have so far been no reports of any 'aggro' anywhere in connection with the latest lockdown easements (at least nothing of any major significance), which I have very much been dreading the thought of.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Although I don't wish to tempt fate by saying this, there have been no reports of any further Kill The Bill protests over the past 10 days, neither in Bristol nor elsewhere.

Though as seen with last year's BLM protests and the XR protests the year before (2019), they seem to be randomly intermittent and sporadic.

Also, thankfully, there have so far been no reports of any 'aggro' anywhere in connection with the latest lockdown easements (at least nothing of any major significance), which I have very much been dreading the thought of.
    And so far no protest over the latest death in the US that has caused rioting.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information