Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
Higher concentration of BLM supporters?
I did wonder that, even though said protests aren't specifically BLM-related, but the usual rabble-rousing, baying mobs of extremists who just wanted another fight with the Old Bill (no pun intended).

I read that some who were involved last night were allegedly also involved last Sunday and Tuesday.

Although I'm baffled as to why it's concentrated on Bristol specifically, I'm glad that it still hasn't kicked off elsewhere in the UK so far, and really hope it doesn't.

In our local rag the other day a local MP tried to put the record straight by saying that contrary to popular myth and numerous misinformation currently doing the rounds, this forthcoming Bill doesn't ban absolutely all protests and demos outright, and certainly not 'peaceful' ones, but it seeks to criminalise 'unlawful' ones and those of the most riotous and destructive nature, where it poses a significant threat to public order and safety.

Mostly targeting the serial 'hooligan' elements I think, which I am largely in favour of, even though it might not always be practicable to enforce in certain instances.