Thread: Bristol protests

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bristol protests

I just read on the BBC website that further 'Kill The Bill' protests kicked off again in Bristol tonight.

I'm a bit baffled as to why said protests currently seem to be centred on Bristol and not as yet happening in other cities and towns throughout the country like last year's BLM protests, the XR protests in 2019 and of course, the August 2011 riots, though I suppose it's possible said protests could still hit other places in due course, which I really hope they don't.

I know there were protests in London last Saturday but they were anti-lockdowners and not linked to this 'Kill The Bill' malarkey AFAIK.

There was also another series of protests in London the weekend before but they were more to do with the Sarah Everard thing, which now seems to be water under the bridge as the national news headlines have since moved on.

Like I said, I just can't comprehend any direct links between 'Kill The Bill' and the city of Bristol specifically, when the subject of said protests is allegedly being instigated by the govt in Westminster.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 24-03-21 at 04:19.

Thread Information