Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bristol protests

Re: Bristol protests

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Brookside! Now that is a memory I remember. And the Daz adverts ... I can't believe I'm already this old. Where has time gone lol.

You have Banksy. I don't mean to be horrible to the guy but I'd love to spray over his work with "LOL". What he does isn't really talent it's basic stencil work with card and layering. Did you ever see the documentary on Banksy and Robbo? RIP Robbo.
    Banksy of course! The legendary graffitist.

Even though I don't normally approve of graffiti in general.

Sorry, but I'm a massive Banksy fan, I know I couldn't create stencils like that and I love the ideas behind his work in general.

/opinionated

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    As for the Colorado shootings in the USA, surely guns has been part and parcel of American culture since time immemorial, even though it doesn't necessarily make it right, nor are 'all' Americans trigger-happy.
    An old but relevant New York Times article.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/07/w...rnational.html

4.4% of the planet's population and 42% of the planet's guns.

WHY? WHAT ARE YOU SCARED OF, AMERICANS?

Brave would be the president that declared the NRA a terrorist organisation and repealed the 2nd amendment, an amendment that is seemingly more Holy than the Tablets Of Stone.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Sorry, but I'm a massive Banksy fan, I know I couldn't create stencils like that and I love the ideas behind his work in general.

/opinionated
    You honestly could create stencils like that. Big sheets of card, and a scalpel knife. The card is printed on first so you know where to cut. I was quite inspired by Banksy some 10 years back. I did a couple of stencils one was "FU*K WAR" with a soldier carrying a dead baby. That was fun.

But I agree Banksy is a legend. Do watch the Banksy and Robbo documentary though. Many people believe Robbo was killed by Banksy's side.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Ooh, thanks! Will take a look at that once I get in tonight.

Ironically enough, I'm currently creating a learning resources session based around resilience.

@Lencoboy have you been down that canal? Apparently when Robbo was in a comma Banksy repainted Robbos artwork.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    @Lencoboy have you been down that canal? Apparently when Robbo was in a comma Banksy repainted Robbos artwork.
    No. It's not something I'm really that interested in TBH, but I do agree that Banksy is talented, provided his efforts are created in the most appropriate places, and far better than a lot of the pointless tit-for-tat tags people spray on the side of motorways, train tracks, etc, much of which I can't even comprehend what it often reads.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    No. It's not something I'm really that interested in TBH, but I do agree that Banksy is talented, provided his efforts are created in the most appropriate places, and far better than a lot of the pointless tit-for-tat tags people spray on the side of motorways, train tracks, etc, much of which I can't even comprehend what it often reads.
    Agreed. The story between them both is a part of Banksy's history it's interesting the little war they had going on.

☪️️

The KTB mobs were at it again in Bristol for the third time yesterday.

I'm really miffed as to why it's still so Bristol-centric ATM and also really surprised said protests still haven't as yet spread to other major cities, which I had expected they probably would have by now, especially in this age of virtue-signalling.

Perhaps the fact that the BBC have so far seem to have acted fairly responsibly by not overdoing it. In that respect they have hopefully learned their lessons from the events of August 2011.

Higher concentration of BLM supporters?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information