Thread: Last option.

Last option.

Hello, I've been around for a while here, suffered on and off since I was 17 now 29 always had a massive fear of medication everything really mainly (Antidepressants) anyway going back to my younger days I did take a few different ones and wasn't so bad felt better on them fast forward to now,not on any haven't been for over 4 years but I really believe it's my last option to try and get better now, I'm very suicidal and that makes me sad because I have a small boy, he's 2. But I can't physically/mentally carry ok for much longer. Not really a depression sufferer at all I just suffer very bad with health anxiety. Always have. Along with panic attacks which I don't don't find that bad its the daily anxiety, the symptoms.
    Anyway been prescribed Escitalopram 5mg to start. And I'm petrified. Side effects or being allergic, I have my son I can't afford to be bed bound or feeling funny. But I also can't afford to carry on how I am nomore, I'm scared of pretty much everything. Even down to eating, atm I hardly eat. My mom will video me and have a meal of a evening on video as I'm petrified ill have a allergic reaction and die. This isn't normal, I just want to get better and be better. Does anybody have any tips on how to help myself/ prepare to take this tablet. Due the pandemic and my mom shielding I'm unable to have any help face to face as of yet. Which also makes me very sad :( I'm just lost, literally my last resort is these tabs to help me get better. This isn't fair on my son me being like this either. It's do sad. I'm sorry again for yet another post.

Re: Last option.

Someone will be along to offer better advice, but for what it’s worth I think you are very brave to be asking for help and starting medication. I really hope you take it and it helps. Be proud of the steps you are taking to make life better for you & your son x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry things are so crappy right now. I wish I had better advice for you, all I can say, is, don't act on those Suicidal ideation(s). Life is precious and there is always hope, even if sometimes your situation seems hopeless, its not.

Its hard to find face-to-face right now, but take what you can get and never give up on yourself or your son - you are very much worth it - never lose focus of that.

For what its worth: I'm also on Escitalopram 5mg right now with no major side effects. Its takes time for it to 'kick in' and I understand fear of medication, but sometimes we need them to get back on track. I think you should give this a try.

I"I have my son I can't afford to be bed bound or feeling funny. But I also can't afford to carry on how I am"
    Exactly!

*hug*
    Last edited by Scissel73; 25-03-21 at 00:24.

Quote Originally Posted by xleax View Post
    Antidepressants) anyway going back to my younger days I did take a few different ones and wasn't so bad felt better on them

...Anyway been prescribed Escitalopram 5mg to start. And I'm petrified. Side effects or being allergic, I have my son I can't afford to be bed bound or feeling funny.
    Side-effects may occur but in most cases they are only mild and starting on a low dose as you are will lessen their impact even further. Allergic reactions are very rare and serious reactions even rarer.

Can you remember which ADs you took previously?

Does anybody have any tips on how to help myself/ prepare to take this tablet
    Don't google side-effects for any medication because it often guarantees you'll experience all of them as an anxious mind is very capable of delivering the whole catastrophe if given half a chance. It also helps to focus on the goal, not on what may be happening as you're getting there. It's a bit like pregnancy and labour, not always that great, but the end result is definitely worth it.

Thread Information