Thread: Activities this Spring Season

Activities this Spring Season

Hey everyone,

Hoping all is well.

Let us take a little break from our usual convos and thread. Spring season is here and I wanted to plan for an activity for my son. He is already getting bored for a year of being in the house. And I want him to have fun this season but of course be safe and protected from the virus and all unhealthy things around.

Any suggestions? Do you have Spring plans too? I would love if you share it too.

Re: Activities this Spring Season

Walking. Lots of walking This spring/summer I plan to get in 10 miles a day ... once my fitbit arrives ha ha.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Looking forward to getting some real VitD

How old is your son? When my daughter was young we used to love taking “nature walks”. We’d make it kind of a scavenger hunt. Make a list ahead of time of things you know you’ll probably see - can make it super easy if he’s really young (bug, flower, tree, etc). And make it a little tougher if he’s old enough to distinguish a ladybug from a butterfly lol. Anyway, my daughter loved it, and even now at 21 she loves just being outside appreciating nature.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Walking. Lots of walking This spring/summer I plan to get in 10 miles a day ... once my fitbit arrives ha ha.
    Wow 10miles is an achievement! That is quite a looooongggg walk but a good one! I think I want to have that too - I need it since I gained weight sad to say hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Scissel73 View Post
    Looking forward to getting some real VitD
    Same here, that is why i want to go to the beach somehow. We really need nature's Vit D

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    How old is your son? When my daughter was young we used to love taking “nature walks”. We’d make it kind of a scavenger hunt. Make a list ahead of time of things you know you’ll probably see - can make it super easy if he’s really young (bug, flower, tree, etc). And make it a little tougher if he’s old enough to distinguish a ladybug from a butterfly lol. Anyway, my daughter loved it, and even now at 21 she loves just being outside appreciating nature.
    My son is in his teen years and really love nature - plants, insects, animals, and the like. I will list your suggestion, it is a good one. And he will learn a lot too and it is a way to get off hours from his gadget. Thank you so much for this suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by meltedchic View Post
    Same here, that is why i want to go to the beach somehow. We really need nature's Vit D
    If you can do so safely I would I'd love to have a car and go drive to the lake district and camp out for a few days.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    If you can do so safely I would I'd love to have a car and go drive to the lake district and camp out for a few days.
    Hey there @WiredIncorrectly (hehe nice name)

I bumped into an article that is timely - https://www.theechonews.com/article/...qkgwsyqygladgz.
    It is a good article I must say, you may want to check it out. Hope we could enjoy the Spring!

Hi Meltedchic

Well a couple of things that would be fun if you're into nature are setting up a critter cam, some call it a trail cam, with motion detection and night vision. Lots of cool things go on at night in the wild. Also, and this could get a little pricey possibly, a drone camera. The kids next door have one and it's really cool.

So far in my backyard - skunk, raccoon, deer, fox, coyote, rabbit, turkey, fisher cat, bear.

So I gotta ask - Spartans or Wolverines?

N.

Oh yeah a bald eagle, hawks, and several owls.

Thread Information