Thread: Is it covid vaccine related or something else?

Is it covid vaccine related or something else?

Hi all
    My mammogram is not due till June. 3 weeks ago I had a physical breast exam with my GP. Everything was good.

I had my first dose of Moderna vaccine 7 days ago. Not much reactions day after.

Then last night I’m experiencing general tenderness on the armpit on the same arm. I couldn’t feel any lump but I’m suck at breast checking because I don’t want my anxiety flares up.

Some quick googling tells me that it’s could be a known side effect of the vaccine.

The anxious mind kicks in and questioning is it breast related?

This time I’m trying to stay put for a week and see if the pain goes away. Anyone experiencing the same thing and help my worry mind a little?

Thanks a lot
    Helen

Re: Is it covid vaccine related or something else?

I posted a link to a Mayo Clinic article on another thread a few days ago. Swollen lymph nodes are super common with the mRNA vaccines. They will go back down eventually. I imagine even if you can’t feel that they’re swollen, it might cause some tenderness in areas where they’re located?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    I posted a link to a Mayo Clinic article on another thread a few days ago. Swollen lymph nodes are super common with the mRNA vaccines. They will go back down eventually. I imagine even if you can’t feel that they’re swollen, it might cause some tenderness in areas where they’re located?
    Hi glassgirlw, yes I can feel the area where most of the tenderness is. I can’t feel a lump in that tenderness area though. Thank you for your reply. Will leave it alone for a week to see

Yep I definitely wouldn’t panic here! You’ve just had a shot in that arm so I think you have some cause and effect here - just ignore it and I’m sure it disappears in a bit!

the article did say that nodes near the injection site could stay swollen for a few weeks post vaccine.

Omg a few weeks. My 2nd shot is on 4/15. I will try to tie my hand and not touching anything until mid may. I’m so scared to touch my neck too

I think everyone will react differently, so it may not take that long for you. It’s also possible you tended during the shot so it’s just a tender muscle you’re dealing with.

Hi there, I just posted this on another thread:

Checking in to say that I have a swollen node in my armpit after Moderna first dose. I noticed it along with a rash at the injection site about 8 days after the dose. The rash faded pretty quickly, but the node is still painfully swollen two weeks after it started. It is uncomfortable physically and make me anxious, but the doctor says it is normal. I have the second dose end of next week and wonder if it will extend this. I'm going to ask if I should get the second dose in the other arm, but then I might be waiting for two nodes to resolve. Ugh... This is one side effect that I did not want, though I am still glad to get the vaccine. My husband and son did not have this, though the doctor injected my son in the thigh as he has severe autism and wouldn't let her jab his arm

Is your node still sore? Mine is.....I made the mistake of feeling it last night in the shower, but I know that will only make it worse from what I have heard. It's almost two weeks now since it started, so I am nervous. Plus, I get the second shot next week.

Just got my 2nd Moderna shot. After 24hrs, the lymph node on my neck on the injection side swell up like a lump and tender. Ugh anxiety sucks. I guess I need to try forget it for a few weeks

Thread Information