Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Had my first panic attack in a long time

Re: Had my first panic attack in a long time

Quote Originally Posted by maz063 View Post
    I'm still worrying that it was/ I am going to have a heart attack. I keep burping a lot and I read that burping a lot can be an early warning sign of a heart attack. Now I do struggle with heartburn and I do tend to eat fast so maybe I'm just a gassy person in general but I keep getting left sided chest pain. It feels superficial. I don't feel it in my heart or deep in my chest. I also get left arm and shoulder aches.

Idk I have dealt with these symptoms before and have had EKGs show I was fine a few years ago. I'm just really paranoid right now and I don't want to go to the doctor because I don't want to feed that paranoia.
    Hi there. What is your reference that frequently burping is an early sign of a heart attack? I think, I need to read also those. Were there also mentioned preventions in the early stage?

It happened again. Today at work. Just as bad. I'm coming off of it now but I felt like I was dying. Which I guess is how panic attacks are supposed to feel. My appointment with my new psychiatrist is next week. I definitely need an increase in my prozac dose. I'm trying hard not to let my mind wander and freak about about heart attacks or heart failure. I just feel so pathetic. It's like I have this anxiety that I'm going to die of heart failure or have a ****ed up heart for the rest of my life JUST as I am on my own and finally away from really toxic parents.

And to answer someone's question, yet i have had a lot of life changes

I moved away from home, I started going back to work in person, and I take public transit in a pandemic. I'm vaccinated but I still get anxiety about it. I am also figuring out when to come out to my parents. I also really miss hugs and hanging out and being around people that keep me sane. So there are a TON of stressors in my life right now. And I feel like both these panic attacks had similar triggers. I'll discuss with my therapist.

I just feel so tired right now and want work to be over. Does anyone else feel super wiped out after a panic attack? My chest feels heavy(not hurting exactly) and my thighs feel like jello. I feel weak. I was also crying in the last half of the panic attack so that's why I'm more convinced it was anxiety because I started getting emotional and crying and that helped me start to feel a bit better.

Is sweating and heart burn part of panic attack?

Well I struggle with heartburn regularly. But it can be. When I get panic attacks I sometimes have acid come up or I get indigestion.

Sweating and heartburn/acid goes hand in hand. So does light headedness, arm aches, random pains everywhere(Mr.Panic doesn't discriminate), and a myriad of other symptoms. I just had a mild 6/10 panic attack. scary. But after 10mins or so, it suddenly became fine. Maybe it was the really concentrated black coffee... Either way, I haven't felt such in a long time. The usual days are like 3-4 on the scale only(manageable). I get how you feel. I wish you and myself the best!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information