Thread: High Eye pressure giving me anxiety attacks over Brain tumor worry

High Eye pressure giving me anxiety attacks over Brain tumor worry

Hi all
    So glaucoma runs into my family. Mom has it. Uncle has it. I always have borderline eye pressure (19-21 fluctuating). My optometrist sending me for glaucoma work-up even though he told me that my optic nerves from picture taken 7 years ago still no change with latest pic taken last month. That I shall not worry too much because he just wants a detailed base line given glaucoma runs in my family.

Welll 7 years ago, I had a moment where someone was speaking to me and I blanked out. I was stressed out or lack of sleep because I just had a baby. At that time I didn’t have health anxiety so I didn’t really pay attention.

Past forward now 7 years later with health anxiety kicking in, I’m afraid that high eye pressures can also mean a possibility of a brain tumor? I’m so scared of the upcoming ophthalmologist appointment where they will look in details of my eyes.

Oh yeah and I just found out someone I knew had a brain tumor removed after her stroke :(

I’m trying to logicalize that I had some neuro exams for dizziness a few times within these years and nothing has sparked doctors’ attention. And if I do have it, I must have symptoms right? I have borderline blood pressure so maybe that contribute to my eye pressure.

Sorry for the long rant.

Re: High Eye pressure giving me anxiety attacks over Brain tumor worry

Heya. It sounds to me like you’re putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with a million.

Your eye doctor based on your history has a duty of care to send you for those tests and that’s the only reason he is.
    If you had a brain tumour that was causing eye pressure, the pressure would be so great he would of referred you for a scan, and you’ve said the pressure hasn’t increased since last time.
    I mean, you’d know by now if you had a brain tumour if symptoms started 7 years ago. Brain tumours aren’t shy. And you’d be having a lot more symptoms.
    I wouldn’t give what happened 7 years ago when you were talking to someone anseconds thought. We all have moments like that, especially when we’re mums

Re: High Eye pressure giving me anxiety attacks over Brain tumor worry

Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
    Heya. It sounds to me like you’re putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with a million.

Your eye doctor based on your history has a duty of care to send you for those tests and that’s the only reason he is.
    If you had a brain tumour that was causing eye pressure, the pressure would be so great he would of referred you for a scan, and you’ve said the pressure hasn’t increased since last time.
    I mean, you’d know by now if you had a brain tumour if symptoms started 7 years ago. Brain tumours aren’t shy. And you’d be having a lot more symptoms.
    I wouldn’t give what happened 7 years ago when you were talking to someone anseconds thought. We all have moments like that, especially when we’re mums
    Thanks. My eye pressure has been fluctuated in the past 2-3 years around the borderline. However my vision health is stable (no damage he can see from optic nerves by comparing pics from 7 years ago with current snaps and basic Vision tests) according to the optometrist.

I’m literally adding 2+2 = million due to my anxiety. I’ve not googled symptoms and avoid anything with this fear. Appt with ophthalmologist is 4/9 and to be honest with you, the fear is there. However, I know I need to face it. I have no control whatever happens will happen.

Thread Information