Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whistleblower NHS nurse

Whistleblower NHS nurse

My daughter has been taken in by a lot of the conspiracy theories regarding covid and the vaccine and is always sending me bits of information that she finds on the internet. Today she sent me a video of an ex nurse talking about it not being true about the hospitals being full and the amount of people dying from covid not being as high as they say. She also mentions about the vaccine.

Has anyone seen or heard anything about this? It's making me wonder about how much we're being told is the truth.

Re: Whistleblower NHS nurse

I now know ten people who have had it, three are dead, all under 50. Two of the survivors (one of whom is an ex military paramedic and UN negotiator) have long covid, and one has nearly died from blood clots twice.

Do you really, REALLY think a bit of internet research is all that's needed to uncover a global conspiracy?!

Please don't start going down that road, and please pull your daughter away from unqualified and unregulated 'research'.

Personally I don't really know what to believe about anything anymore.

This (mis)information anarchy has been going on for far too long and for more than about fifteen years now, and is sadly, virtually impossible to curtail, as the damage is already well done.

Of course any attempts to do so right now would only be met with derision and shot down in flames!

Sadly (dare I say it), even Blair and Co were caught napping over it all in the earlier days of the current situation concerning 'fake news', CTs, etc, and probably hesitated any attempts to address it all for the exact same reasons I mentioned above.

Rainbow, there are nurses saying the impact has not been felt as much as we are told in the media but they are talking about their hospitals. On the other side there are nurses saying they are struggling because their hospitals are at breaking point.

Isn't that the same as how some areas have had far higher infection rates than others?

This came up on here earlier last year where a link was posted to another forum where some nurses were saying their hospitals are quiet so what's the big deal. But if you kept reading the thread there were plenty of others saying they were swamped. I found it bizarre some were arguing things weren't as bad as they were in that thread because disease doesn't evenly spread itself to give us an equal share of it like some form of tax on the body.

One nurse says it's not as bad. Based on what? Their tunnel vision of just their hospital? Have they assessed every other hospital? Are all the nurses saying the opposite lying? And for what gain if they weren't? Are they implying the government are willingly killing people unable to have their treatments? Why would the NHS not tell all when doctors & nurses generally are sick of the government?

Sounds typical CT to me.

Despite being a nurse they could still hold fringe opinions. On this subject that seems the opposite of our expectations of nurses but then not all nurses (and doctors) are compassionate, have empathy or even a caring manner. All those are also the opposite of what we would expect too.

To me, the conspiracy theories are an inevitable part of society, and in this case are not at all plausible. There is no big cover up, no white cat stroking villain, we are not being lied to. Everyone is doing their best, under rapidly changing and poorly understood circumstances. There will be mistakes and, in hindsight, many policies may be judged as misguided.... but it’s not a conspiracy

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    To me, the conspiracy theories are an inevitable part of society, and in this case are not at all plausible. There is no big cover up, no white cat stroking villain, we are not being lied to. Everyone is doing their best, under rapidly changing and poorly understood circumstances. There will be mistakes and, in hindsight, many policies may be judged as misguided.... but it’s not a conspiracy
    Actually 'they' might be lying to us, but that still doesn't indicate a sinister global conspiracy. It's quite possible that a number of those in charge are being economical with the truth, as it has always been. But again, that doesn't indicate a sinister global conspiracy. It's good to accept that this is the case, because it negates the 'if they're lying about that, what else are they lying about' fringe.

I've used this analogy before, but if it's raining and the umbrella sellers tell you there are no umbrellas and hike the price of umbrellas, it doesn't mean it's not raining. People can be taking advantage of a situation, but that does not mean they caused the situation.

And in terms of hospitals, they WERE being kept empty on general wards etc. All non elective surgery had been cancelled, and I know that because my misses is waiting for surgery.

This is just misinformed observation leading to wildly inaccurate assumption. Because internet.

Not sure I would pay much attention to an "ex nurse". If a practising Consultant in an NHS hospital were to challenge the veracity of Covid and the vaccine then that may be of interest but this lady may have got "history" or have been sacked as a nurse and therefore would have a grudge and maybe would want her 5 mins of fame?

Try not to be influenced by the internet, Rainbow. You know how destructive it can be with medical "diagnoses". There's such a lot of potential for anxiety and uncertainty with all these "alternative" views but no actual proof that they have any substance.

is always sending me bits of information that she finds on the internet.
    TIme to chat with your daughter methinks, about the scourge of modern society (well certainly the last decade) - misinformation. It, is currently one of the biggest problems that we face globally.

I think a lot of people who are drawn in by conspiracy theories surrounding Covid-19 use it as a kind of coping mechanism. It’s like a warped version of a safety net.

People find it hard to cope with randomness. The idea of a mutant virus randomly jumping from animals to humans and killing millions worldwide is a tough pill to swallow. So, it becomes easier to infer the presence of a controlling hand. It just makes more sense that way I guess.

I have a couple of near-deniers in my family who are NHS staff, and a mate who's firmly at the right-wing "wingnut welfare" end of the spectrum tell me he knows NHS employees who say it's all exaggerated.

However, I understand the Covid-containing parts of the hospitals are segregated and ne'er the twain shall meet so perhaps they don't get to deal with the mess they do.

Not a good day for me to be discussing this, but I felt I had to mention what I've heard anecdotally.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information