Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have an intense fear of cancer metastasis

Re: Anyone have an intense fear of cancer metastasis

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post

Lets say you get an MRI and you're given the all clear. Then what?

Quote Originally Posted by Anxietysufferer92 View Post
    Peace of mind lasted a day lol.
    So what was the point of getting it?

I fear cancer everyday. I'm so weak and tried. I really fear I'm dying this time. I'm terrified 😨 this is cancer or als

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    ....but why ? It was clear, totally clear, nothing abnormal. Thats it. Start trusting and start applying the methods Joe talks about above, it takes time and effort.
    Because I am still having symptoms of bowel issues, like diarrhoea, stomach pains, awful indigestion, lack of appetite, weight loss... Only thing the scan did for me really was to reassure me that it was not cervical or ovarian cancer that has spread to my bowels or something. Ridiculous I know, but it eliminated that worry. Now it is either bowel or stomach cancer.

Is there a reason you're not seeking help with your anxiety besides that fact you believe this to be something it's not?

I mentioned before you're obviously spiraling. You've posted numerous threads and have gotten many reassuring replies but the cycle just continues What are you expecting and looking for by posting if you're not mentally capable of accepting good advice and taking action in real life to address it?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Now it is either bowel or stomach cancer.
    Oh of course, like it couldn't be something far less sinister like IBS and anxiety (for example) ? Something I learnt way back when I had HA was to go to the most likely and common possibility FIRST, to stop jumping steps and stages, medics don't start that way when diagnosing........they don't shout 'CANCER' at everybody who comes into their door!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Is there a reason you're not seeking help with your anxiety besides that fact you believe this to be something it's not?

I mentioned before you're obviously spiraling. You've posted numerous threads and have gotten many reassuring replies but the cycle just continues What are you expecting and looking for by posting if you're not mentally capable of accepting good advice and taking action in real life to address it?

FMP
    Honestly I cannot afford to even seek help at the moment. The waiting list in the UK is absolutely huge. I was lucky I did get some help when I was 16 as it was a free service for those between 16 and 19 years but now, you either have to pay or you end up waiting for months, years even. I know what you mean, it is all on me and I fully accept that.

Oh of course, like it couldn't be something far less sinister like IBS and anxiety (for example) ? Something I learnt way back when I had HA was to go to the most likely and common possibility FIRST, to stop jumping steps and stages, medics don't start that way when diagnosing........they don't shout 'CANCER' at everybody who comes into their door!
    I did put it down to IBS but the symptoms have continued for almost 14 days straight now. I put it down to a bug cos my son got ill at the same time but mine has lingered on and on.

14 days !!!! Seriously, thats all !!! I thought it had been like 14 months or something. AND you've jumped to cancer ? So, you could have had a stomach bug like your son, which is highly likely, and now maybe your gut flora is out of kilter, or theres some bacterial hanging on that needs treatment - I'm sure the stool tests your doctor has ordered and so on will give a better picture. I'm not saying there is nothing bothering you, but its the catastrophic thought process of leaping to cancer that is not right, you already have a clear cause and effect here. I know plenty of people who have taken this length of time to get over stomach viruses. I honestly don't know how you can jump to cancer after having had a stomach bug and these symptoms continuing afterwards for 14 days ?
    Last edited by Carys; 10-04-21 at 22:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Anxietysufferer92 View Post
    Honestly I cannot afford to even seek help at the moment. The waiting list in the UK is absolutely huge. I was lucky I did get some help when I was 16 as it was a free service for those between 16 and 19 years but now, you either have to pay or you end up waiting for months, years even. I know what you mean, it is all on me and I fully accept that.
    There is free help in the links in my signature and that's something you can start now while you wait for real life help (if you've signed up). Honestly, words on a screen are just that if you don't take them in and act on them

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

14 days !!!! Seriously, thats all !!! I thought it had been like 14 months or something. AND you've jumped to cancer ? So, you could have had a stomach bug like your son, which is highly likely, and now maybe your gut flora is out of kilter, or theres some bacterial hanging on that needs treatment - I'm sure the stool tests your doctor has ordered and so on will give a better picture. I'm not saying there is nothing bothering you, but its the catastrophic thought process of leaping to cancer that is not right, you already have a clear cause and effect here. I know plenty of people who have taken this length of time to get over stomach viruses. I honestly don't know how you can jump to cancer after having had a stomach bug and these symptoms continuing afterwards for 14 days ?
    Because I honestly never had something last this long before. The longest I had diarrhoea was 10 days and that was from salmonella poisoning after eating at a pub. I knew someone who worked there who told me they had a case of salmonella poisoning. But this time... No idea. My son got over it in a few days but mine just lingering.. Why is that then? Surely shouldn't be lasting this long if it is a standard stomach bug. Even the gp himself said that it wasn't normal and to get checked just in case. I just couldn't cope anymore, wish my bowels just acted normal.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information