Thread: Lump on finger (bone cancer/arthritis/injury?)

Lump on finger (bone cancer/arthritis/injury?)

I'm a bit wigged out as I noticed a lump on my left index finger right by the knuckle. It feels like bone itself that is protruding, rather than something on top of the bone.

Nothing really hurts. But I fear something like bone cancer.

I hit my left hand at work about 6 weeks ago, so maybe it messed up my hand?

My girlfriend said stuff like this is more common with arthritis and fibromyalgia than bone cancer. But I'm still a bit worried. Especially since there's no pain.

I scheduled an appointment to see my doctor, but I'm hoping to see that this is common and nothing to be worried about.
    Last edited by StarsDie; 31-07-21 at 01:54.

Re: Lump on finger (bone cancer/arthritis/injury?)

Bone cancer causes pain, swelling, redness, and not the types of things you describe here.

Amazing, I had exactly the same thing 5 years ago! One day I’ve discovered a small lump on my finger (also near knuckle, but on inner side). Hard lump, attached to something. Appeared out of nowhere one day. I was in the middle of HA flare-up and scheduled an appointment with doctor. He had no idea what it is, but said “ definitely not cancer”. So I went away without proper diagnosis. And then, some 3-4 days later the lump diasappeared completely! Still don’t know what it was, figured that maybe some kind of injury.
    guess yours is an injury too, since you’ve hurt your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by StarsDie View Post
    I'm a bit wigged out as I noticed a lump on my left index finger right by the knuckle. It feels like bone itself that is protruding, rather than something on top of the bone.

Nothing really hurts. But I fear something like bone cancer.

I hit my left hand at work about 6 weeks ago, so maybe it messed up my hand?

My girlfriend said stuff like this is more common with arthritis and fibromyalgia than bone cancer. But I'm still a bit worried. Especially since there's no pain.

I scheduled an appointment to see my doctor, but I'm hoping to see that this is common and nothing to be worried about.

UPDATE 3/30/21:

I don't figure I will get many replies on this. Whatever this lump is, it is very clearly attached to something inside of me (seemingly a bone), thus it is reasonable to suspect a tumor of some sort.

I'm back on xanax for the time being. So my anxiety is eased a bit. But I know that it's coming at the expense of an eventual withdrawal effect that I really would rather not have. And I'm spending my time thinking about how I will be dead from cancer in the near future and all the things I will be needing to get in order. Bizarrely, it's been having a calming effect on me, rather than an anxious effect on me. I'm sad but handling my stress ok. If it comes down to going with or without treatment, I may end up going without as I don't have the money to afford anything. Such is life.
    Your post reminds me of something that was said to me years ago. My psych once told me that I should stop being scared of dying because I was already dead. It didn’t cure my HA but it got through to me nonetheless.

I have a lump like this, right by one of my knuckles. It's a combination of two things - a ganglion cyst, and a bone chip.

Get your blood checked. It could be high uric acid crystallised. Aka a pre symptom of gout. If so, please buy tart cherry pills. I recommend pipingrock. My dad had something similar and was on a low purine diet and those supplements. I am on it myself, but i have no lump yet just high uric.

Thread Information