Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Johnson and Johnson vaccine

Johnson and Johnson vaccine

The vaccine thread went wayward sooo...

Have any of you gotten the J&J vaccine? My husband and I are eyeing this one up.

Any feedback?

Re: Johnson and Johnson vaccine

I had Pfizer - so I can’t comment on J&J really - but hopefully AntsyVee will chime in because I think she had J&J!

I have an appt to get it on Friday. I'm interested in what people have to say about it

Nobody here has had the johnson and johnson shot??

It's just OAZ and Pfizer over here and with most members being from the UK it's probably why.

If the protection, safety profile and side effects are about the same perhaps that opens up a greater number of members?

We have the JJ, moderns and Pfizer here. The JJ one is more like a flu shot and they say it's less effective as a whole. But when it was being tested it was later on when all the variants were going around. I'm really torn on which one to get. Most people are getting the 2 dose shot because it's 95% effective but wasn't tested on the variants. .

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    It's just OAZ and Pfizer over here and with most members being from the UK it's probably why.

If the protection, safety profile and side effects are about the same perhaps that opens up a greater number of members?
    I think there was talk of up to eight vaccines being available to the UK in time but as far as I know the J&J vaccine is yet to be approved by the MHRA (a bit like the US FDA for our overseas readers).

You guys in the US can choose ?

For the most part, yes. Certain shots aren't available in some areas. Like thr JJ one is in more rural areas because it's easier tp store.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    You guys in the US can choose ?
    Yep if the location you’re being vaccinated at has multiple brands available, we can choose. For me, my doc office only has Pfizer available so that’s what I took lol. But I know of others that have been able to choose between Pfizer and J&J.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information