Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fear of covid vaccine

Fear of covid vaccine

I've been waiting and waiting for the vaccine to become available to me ans now that time is here I'm terrified tp make an appt. First of all I haven't rely been to a public place in a year. Been doing grocery pick up and online shopping and husband does most of the running. Hes very much against the vaccine and he doesn't want me or the kids to get it. I'm just scared about getting it. The website says you have tp hang around 30 min after the shot tp make sure you don't have a reaction. What if I'm one one those people that has a reaction or worse?? Id really like the JJ one but thats not offered at the moment. I really don't know if I should get the Moderna and get it over with or hold out and get the one I feel comfortable with. Either way its going to be really hard for me to physically go get the shot with my social anxiety

Re: Fear of covid vaccine

Look at it this way - it has to be better than getting Covid, right?

Not sure how it works in the US, but in the UK you don't have to hang around after so long as there's somebody waiting for you outside. I was in and out in well under five minutes; my husband went to a different site and so was he.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I'm on a list for left over appts Friday for the Johnson vaccine. I'm excited but also nervous as hell

Is there a reason your husband is so against it?

I got my first dose of the Moderna vaccine a couple of weeks ago and have my second dose on the 16th. I will admit, while I was waiting post-vaccine I had thoughts about "what if" something bad was going to happen, and of course was then super aware of every bodily sensation, but I chased those darn thoughts away.

Honestly, if you're not normally allergic to vaccines, you'll be fine. A big reason that they have you wait around afterward is just out of an abundance of caution, not because something is likely to go wrong, but that with such a highly politicized vaccine if something DID go wrong it would be an issue.

You'll be fine. And it's so nice to think of being safe from such awfulness and getting out in the world again.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Its so hard to fight my own thoughts. I've been waiting for my "shot" lol now that it's here I'm like mmmmm maybe not. It doesn't help that my husband is one of the ones totally against it

Quote Originally Posted by Sunflower318 View Post
    Its so hard to fight my own thoughts. I've been waiting for my "shot" lol now that it's here I'm like mmmmm maybe not. It doesn't help that my husband is one of the ones totally against it
    Your body, your rules. He doesn't have to have it if he doesn't want it, but you're not his chattel.
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 30-03-21 at 20:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunflower318 View Post
    Yeah, your body your rules. I'm also not saying that this is the case, but most of the people I've met who are "totally against it" are totally against it for reasons that are not based in reality.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Sunflower, I might be remembering the wrong person, but I can recall maybe you saying their husband was 'into' conspiracy theories ?

Yes he is that guy. He thinks it's end times and this has something to with it being the mark of the beast. I'm just worried if I'm getting the right shot since they say thr J&j one is less effective and you can still get covid.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information