Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fear of covid vaccine

Re: Fear of covid vaccine

It's interesting. We've been basically cooped up for the last year due to COVID. My wife and FINALLY got scheduled for the first of two shots of the Pfizer vaccine. I've never been more excited about a needle!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I just wonder if I'm doing the right thing getting the J&J one. Seems like everyone else is getting the other 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunflower318 View Post
    Yes he is that guy. He thinks it's end times and this has something to with it being the mark of the beast. I'm just worried if I'm getting the right shot since they say thr J&j one is less effective and you can still get covid.
    People who think like your husband think EVERYTHING is a sign of end times or of the “mark of the beast.” I’ll bet my life savings that this isn’t the first time he’s told you this or the first thing he’s deemed a sign. That’s what happens when you only read one book and live your life by it, you become so personally absorbed in it that you try to drag others with you using the flimsiest of reasoning.

Frankly, he needs to grow up and stop believing in utter drivel.

Yes he is that guy. He thinks it's end times and this has something to with it being the mark of the beast. I'm just worried if I'm getting the right shot since they say thr J&j one is less effective and you can still get covid.
    You can still get Covid even after the other shots as well. But the important takeaway from all the shots, is that they are all 100% effective at preventing hospitalization and death. If you do get Covid, it will just be a mild cold. That’s well worth it in my mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    People who think like your husband think EVERYTHING is a sign of end times or of the “mark of the beast.” I’ll bet my life savings that this isn’t the first time he’s told you this or the first thing he’s deemed a sign. That’s what happens when you only read one book and live your life by it, you become so personally absorbed in it that you try to drag others with you using the flimsiest of reasoning.

One of the "Jesus is my vaccine" brigade. Waiting for The Rapture, is he?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post

It does seem as if certain factions of the population are looking for almost anything to get indignant and outraged over these days, as if they actually get kicks out of it.

It does also appear as though some are actively trying to look for problems where none always actually exist!

Just like you said on the other thread about the halting of the OAZ vaccine, I really despair with humanity at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    It does seem as if certain factions of the population are looking for almost anything to get indignant and outraged over these days, as if they actually get kicks out of it.

It does also appear as though some are actively trying to look for problems where none always actually exist!

Just like you said on the other thread about the halting of the OAZ vaccine, I really despair with humanity at times.
    The OAZ vaccine is being kicked around due to politics, this particular thread involves religion. Neither have any business meddling in matters of science. I’m sure both instances are perfect examples of exactly why politics and religion have no business meddling in matters of science.

I get that everyone is entitled their own opinions,but I didn't ask for my family to be insulted because your beliefs are different then his
    He has a different past then you do. My anxieties are my own and I come here for help with that. Not to have my husband attacked because he's not the same as you. I never asked if you believed in the Bible or anything else. I was just giving an explanation of opposition I'm personally up against with the vaccine. So if you don't have advice for my anxiety on the vaccine then keep your crap to yourself.

I get that everyone is entitled their own opinions,but I didn't ask for my family to be insulted because your beliefs are different then his
    He has a different past then you do. My anxieties are my own and I come here for help with that. Not to have my husband attacked because he's not the same as you. I never asked if you believed in the Bible or anything else. I was just giving an explanation of opposition I'm personally up against with the vaccine. So if you don't have advice for my anxiety on the vaccine then keep your crap to yourself.
    My apologies, I can see why you’d think I was insulting a family member, just me being too blunt as ever. I don’t think it’s healthy for any human to constantly be looking for signs of end times or what have you, but I suppose I could be a bit more understanding about other folks backgrounds so sorry for not doing so.

If your reservations are completely personal then all I can say is go with the science. The data on each vaccine is pretty readily available and from what I’ve read on them, there is no real reason whatsoever to think that any vaccine will do anything other than protect you from severe illness or death from Covid-19.

Yes there are reported side effects, but these are all relatively mild and short lived.

Agree with you 100%. Your husband shouldn’t have been attacked! I’m a Christian too so I deal with attacks and the stereotypes that come along with my beliefs. Seems like some people who don’t have the same beliefs feel like it’s ok to attack other’s, but if someone else were to attack them or their spouse, they wouldn’t like it so much. Anyway, didn’t want to derail your post. My family all had the Moderna vaccine and we did fine. Had some mild effects but they were short lived. I understand your anxiety about it but I really think you’ll be just fine. Not to offend anyone, but I pray all will go well for you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information