Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fear of covid vaccine

Re: Fear of covid vaccine

Thank you. It's a hard time for everyone and I appreciate the apology. I haven't done much the past year so just the fact I'm actually going to a place I haven't been in a long time is crazy to me. I've kinda enjoyed being stuck at home. I'm just nervous about everything.

I'm already trying to talk myself out of going to get the vaccine. I was fine until today. I'm having pretty bad PMS symptoms, cause ya know, I'm great at timing stuff. My glands hurt and my body hurts. 😩 I'm wondering if I should put off my shot until after my period

Quote Originally Posted by Sunflower318 View Post
    I'm already trying to talk myself out of going to get the vaccine. I was fine until today. I'm having pretty bad PMS symptoms, cause ya know, I'm great at timing stuff. My glands hurt and my body hurts.  I'm wondering if I should put off my shot until after my period
    Ouch...

Are you able to delay having your vaccination that easily? But also, will that give you time to convince yourself completely you don't want it?

Ultimately, you are the final arbiter in this; no-one can force you to have it. You do have the choice, after all. If you would feel more comfortable not having it, then don't

This is thr time of the month when my anxiety is worse and all I'm thinking about are the "what ifs"

I'm already trying to talk myself out of going to get the vaccine. I was fine until today. I'm having pretty bad PMS symptoms, cause ya know, I'm great at timing stuff. My glands hurt and my body hurts.  I'm wondering if I should put off my shot until after my period
    Just my two cents, people like us are great at always finding a reason to postpone something we don’t want to do. If it’s not your period, you’ll find another reason.

Im currently sitting in my doc office waiting my requisite 15 mins post 2nd Pfizer dose. All is well so far! Get the shot - you’ll be fine and have a huge sense of relief once it’s all said and done!!

This is thr time of the month when my anxiety is worse and all I'm thinking about are the "what ifs"
    Ah, those naughty little "hypothetical worries" folk like us are afflicted with and find so difficult to deal with.

I wish I could put my "what if?" worries (hypothetical) in the bin and solely deal with "now what?" worries (practical).

In an ideal world, Sunflower, we'd go and get vaccinated and think nothing of it unless something subsequently troubled us. Instead we try and pre-empt it :(

people like us are great at always finding a reason to postpone something we don’t want to do
    Absolutely, and infact, my reasoning for potentially cancelling, and making my appointment later, was also hormonally based. Then it occurred that there would never be a totally right time, as there would 'be something' to allow avoidance - so I went ahead anyway

The biggest thought right now is what if someone I know is there and sees me. What if it's a person that hates me and laughs if I have a reaction. I know it's not likely to happen but it's all I can think about

The biggest thought right now is what if someone I know is there and sees me. What if it's a person that hates me and laughs if I have a reaction. I know it's not likely to happen but it's all I can think about
    Oh now... C'mon SFlower... You're spiraling here and creating something out of nothing. I get the apprehension but seriously, The wife and I had it yesterday and yeah, I'm not feeling all that great today but it'll pass. Besides, with you on that time of the month, it'll pretty much just be more of the same anyway right? You take a few ibuprofen and deal.... Besides, the relief knowing you're protected will far outweigh the anxiety of knowing you're not.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

You're reaching there. Most reactions are a bit uncomfortable, but much less so than being stuck in the ICU.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information