Thread: PVCS to panic attacks

PVCS to panic attacks

So far this month I had a normal halter results with showing only PVC's between 1-2% of the time no treatment required. Normal ECG and check up with cardiologist. Only thing left is the echo next week to really be able to say these are benign and from stress/anxiety. My issue is they happen a lot when I do not feel stressed or anxious. In fact today I was very calm and boom started to get runs of them and then instantly gave me a panic attack. So was I having them as a result of a panic attack or did they cause the panic attack. I am under a lot of personal stress my father is undergoing treatment for cancer. And this whole year has been one anxious thought to the next. So now I am convincing myself its getting worse even though the last couple of days it was sort of better. I am so tired of these things consuming me when they happen. Will this echo be what it takes? Or will they always be this upsetting no matter how many tests?

Re: PVCS to panic attacks

Hi, I just wanted to reach out as my anxiety has always come out as heart issues. It is incredibly scary and hard to not become more stressed due to them. I sometimes think of it as a background drip of stress in my body until my glass is full and then it spills over easily. I sometimes get palpitations at a moment of stress, such as talking to someone at work, but other times my palpations come after a stressful event, when I am relaxed. If you have a echo and other tests to show your heart is healthy hopefully it will reassure you and you can focus on the stress and anxiety. I’ve recently started therapy because of not knowing if my palpitations caused panic attacks or panic attacks caused palpitations and I’m having some really positive results. I’ve started magnesium turate twice a day, this has helped my palpitations beyond belief. I read a study that said it can get better results than beta blockers and Wow, so far I’m impressed. I’m spending time each day to destress my nervous system - bath in a candlelit room with nice smelling oils, mediations and facial massage with oils, things for the senses. Reading Clare Weeks Self Help for your Nerves (dated but covers palpitations). And in general making sure my thoughts don’t spiral, I don’t tense my body up at work, I don’t hold my breath without realising it, I don’t add Unnecessary stressors and generally give myself some gentleness. I’ve just had four palpitation free days. Just two weeks ago I was an absolute wreck struggling to do anything without my heart flipping out. So have hope that it’ll get better x

Re: PVCS to panic attacks

Thanks for your feedback. I am doing my best to lower my stress but unfortunately my father was just diagnosed with cancer and we are dealing with that. My echo is Wednesday so I am glad to get that done and hopefully it is okay. My biggest issue with my PVCs seem to come after I eat. Not while I eat but more so when the body begins to digest. That really drives me crazy bc when I try to tell myself this is stress induced this makes me feel like its more a physical problem.

Thread Information