Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arm weakness

Re: Arm weakness

I really recommend going back through your post history. You’ve ranged from panics about Cushings, female issues, pancreatic cancer, brain tumors, colon issues, even over things like stomach bugs and head colds. I know you are terrified of doctors. But which is worse? Living with the daily panics and anxieties over perceived health issues, or actually just going to the doctor for a checkup?? Your post history goes back to like 2012 or 2015 - that’s a whole lot of wasted years.

please understand I’m not trying to shame you or anything. We’re all here because in one form or another, we have anxiety and need support sometimes. But the reassurances you get on this forum don’t seem to help you. If they do, it’s very short lived. I honestly feel that there’s nothing anyone here can say that will resonate with you. It’s time for real world help, or continue the way you are.

Thank you glassgirlw for your reply

I have reached out to my doctor and am currently on Lexapro and Ativan. I am still not ready for any tests.
    This recent flare up/spiral started with the death of a dear family friend who died a 2 weeks ago from ALS. And 3 years earlier an other friend also died of ALS. This has put my mind in such a panic. To watch these two beautiful happy full of life women just waste away was more than my messed up mind could take. MY heart aches for the families and the children left behind.
    I don't want my family to go through this

I now have pins and needles all over with painful joints. Cramps in my toes. Pins and needles all up and down my legs with twitching. My hands are sore and feel week. My shoulders are achy. I feel like any minute I'm going to loss all control of my arm/hands and legs. I wish I never heard of ALS and the awful death it brings. Its really not that rare. For me to know 2 friends that had it is mind blowing. Everything happens in 3s. I can't help thinking i'm next. I'm that same age as they were.

Sadly no amount of medicine or therapy is going to help me. Watching so many family and friends die of awful things permanently messed me up for life. All medical test come back with death sentences that I will not be able to handle.

Thank you for letting me have a place where I can vent my fears even though you all think I'm crazy . Thank you On the brighter side I'm finally a Grandma (gamma) A beautiful baby girl born last August. Happy Easter everyone

Quote Originally Posted by always scared View Post
    Sadly no amount of medicine or therapy is going to help me.
    So you've given up all hope? You're content on playing the victim of life and that's it?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    So you've given up all hope? You're content on playing the victim of life and that's it?

FMP
    Sadly Yes I have given up all hope. But no one around me knows the demons in my head. I suffer in silence. I don't play the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by always scared View Post
    Sadly Yes I have given up all hope. But no one around me knows the demons in my head. I suffer in silence. I don't play the victim.
    I'm truly sorry to hear this. What about your family? If not for yourself, would not work on yourself for them?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Another bad day. I feel very weak all over . Stiff achy muscles some leg twitching. My arms feel weak 😪 I'm very scared 😨

Another day and the same symptoms are scaring me. How do I know if this is real weakness or perceived weakness? It all feels weird in both my forearms. It feels tight,weak and achy

its getting worse. my forearms and now calf muscles feel awful. they feel achy and very crampy. there is something really wrong this time. if it was just stress I would be getting better not worse. nothing is working . I've been taking my meds trying to relax and trying to keep busy to take my mind off of it but . but everytime i move it reminds me that my muscles are not right. I think this is it for me.

Another day of shear panic. I had an ok day yesterday . But this morning I went out for some groceries. When I got home I had a very overwhelming feeling of major weakness in both arms and all over weakness. I really think I'm dieing. I've never felt this weak all over before. I don't know what to think. Is it als, ms, thyroid or cancer . My mind is a complete mess. I don't feel my self . Wtf does this always happen to me. This a effing nightmare thats not going to end well

Still not doing great. There is no way this can all be from worry and anxiety. I've been trying to keep myself busy so no one can see my panic. I get tired very easily and my muscles feel weak. Still mostly in my forearms but today my shins feel weird and weak. I get so tired doing housework. Walking up the stairs is exhausting. My legs feel so unsteady and weak. I also have shoulder pain and elbow pain that goes into my hands and makes them feel weak and crampy.
    Everything I read does not give me any hope or relief. I have no one to talk too. Does no one else have what I have? I feel so alone and scared. I feel i'm just going to get weaker by the day and just pass out and die. It's so weird, when I'm feeling ok and the I don't notice the weakness or I have no other symptoms I feel fine and get on with my day. But as soon as I feel something and my symptoms return I fall apart. This happens every few hours of the day. I feel weak but I can still do things but after I feel exhausted and scared and my muscles hurt and cramp up.
    Anyways I just need to vent to anyone who wanted to listen
    I'm sure I'll be back tomorrow with the same shit
    ~Mary~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information