Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK here I go again ..brain tumour!

OK here I go again ..brain tumour!

So i had a migraine for 3 days and now it's followed by a head ache for another 3 days. I'm approaching a week of having a head ache and it's not shifting. I've tried to convince myself i am not!! Dying of a brain tumour but my anxiety is getting the better of me 😭 I've only ever had a headache for 2 days never a week! Doctor recommended eye test as they can see at the back of the eye. Now I'm convinced I've got one because she's sent me to them for them to find one.
    Lord give me strength! What I'd do to knock this anxiety out of me. If any one has experienced an anxiety of this before please calm me down. Argh.

Re: OK here I go again ..brain tumour!

It’s hard not to jump to worst case scenarios with things like headaches but it is most likely caused by something totally trivial like you need different glasses (or glasses if you don’t wear them currently) or even not drinking enough water! I’ve had times where I’ve woken up with a headache every day for so long and it turned out I wasn’t drinking any water so I was really quite dehydrated.

Also, a headache from a brain tumour would more often than not be described as the worst pain you’ve ever felt and then some. If you can go about your daily business despite the pain etc then I’d say it’s a simple solution but the eye test will give them an idea about whether there is anything that needs to be done! Sending happy calm thoughts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you fizzymoon. I feel much better reading that. I hope it's just dehydration and a bit of anxiety. I've been okay in the day but i keep getting them badly in the evenings. I once read that with brain tumours the headache gets worse throughout the day so that's obviously stuck with me now. Argh!

Thank you though! It's eased me a little.

Stop reading about brain tumours then.

I want to respond in a way Dr. House would, but I don't think it'd be appreciated by OP.

OP, turn your Internet off and go do some exercise.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by Sophs50522 View Post
    Thank you fizzymoon. I feel much better reading that. I hope it's just dehydration and a bit of anxiety. I've been okay in the day but i keep getting them badly in the evenings. I once read that with brain tumours the headache gets worse throughout the day so that's obviously stuck with me now. Argh!

Thank you though! It's eased me a little.
    Haha now you see I once read that brain tumours cause headaches first thing in the morning and get better through the day. Your best bet is to stop reading about brain tumours

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Stop reading about brain tumours then.
    Who said I didn't read this before i suffered health anxiety ?
    I don't research nothing since having it so i can do without your pointless comment to be fair 👍

Oh really. Interesting.
    I actually don't read about them. I've read a story going back in 2010. 6 years before I suffered from health anxiety.

I'm really not looking for doctors advice, I just wanted some reassurance that I am not alone and someone else have struggled with chronic headaches along side there health anxiety too.
    It just helps to know that I could be possibly over reacting a little.
    Thank you though.

I’ve definitely gone down the headache = brain tumour road a number of times. I’ve had health anxiety since I was a kid, it peaked when I was about 16, then again when I was 27 and now I’m 34 it’s tearing it’s ugly head again. In that time I have self diagnosed many many brain tumours which turned out to be hydration related, or I needed glasses/new glasses, or hay fever, and even having the heating during the night in our old flat! It took months of waking up with awful headaches to realise that it was the storage heater in the bedroom drying out the room at night.

Long story short, you’re not alone. Wait for your eye test and take it from there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information